Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmm i enabled igpu and it boot to black screen but i can move the mouse now.... Im going to try to put igpu as primary and will c if it works that way
I hope someone at Nvidia gets fired over this

I hope someone at Nvidia gets fired over this
The web driver payload appears to be different, unless my installation was incomplete. No NVStartupWeb for instance.

The web driver payload appears to be different, unless my installation was incomplete. No NVStartupWeb for instance.

I am using 14,2 and I have a GTX 960 what is your config if it is working and yes a clean install

Works great on my 1070
Schermafbeelding 2017-09-27 om 09.20.41.png

[QUOTE = "roelemonds4, 게시물 : 1590055, 회원 : 1487631"] 제 1070에서 훌륭하게 작동합니다 [ATTACH = full] 280966 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]
Did you install after a clean install? I wonder

I want to know how to install it.

You should not install it clean many times now. I want to know the reason

[QUOTE = "roelemonds4, 게시물 : 1590055, 회원 : 1487631"] 제 1070에서 훌륭하게 작동합니다 [ATTACH = full] 280966 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]

Did you install after a clean install? I wonder

I want to know how to install it.

You should not install it clean many times now. I want to know the reason

No i have it since public beta 3.
i updated the nvidia driver with the nvidia driver manager because i already had a sierra 10.12.6 driver installed.
and after the reboot everything just worked fine.

Installed successfully. I am using a 1060 6gb using an iMac14,2 smbios. Here is how I installed:
1) I updated to the final 10.13 release from the app store, while I was on the beta.
2) I read here that people were having issues and different things people tried. I read about having SIP enabled, so I changed the 0x67 to a 0x0 in Clover.
3) I downloaded and installed the driver. It gave me that error, but I just clicked continue.
4) restarted, and added the web driver boot flag (nvda_drv=1)

it worked. I didnt have to install any special video kexts (no lilu, no nvidiagraphicsfix), no special terminal commands, and no extra bootflags (no gfxfirmware etc). Just web driver bootflag, enabled sip, and installed.

I dont know if it matters, but I enabled sip and installed driver with no restart in between (meaning sip was still disabled when I installed the driver, and only enabled after the restart),

That's incorrect. it just installs to two locations now. Half of payload is loaded into system/library/extensions and other half in library/extensions.
NVDAStartupWeb.kext is in library, not system/library. these file locational changes are probably part of the fix to comply with making apple happy and allowing nvidia to play nice with ibook/little snitch etc since on 10.12 and older the nvidia drivers messed with library validation, and under 10.13 they now play nice with it. I have no doubt this plays a part in that.

If you open installation with pacifist you'll see that as well. Speaking of which if any of you still have the nvidia library validation fix from 10.12 (https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix) that could very well be screwing things up for you too, get rid of it. it's depricated and not needed under 10.13 with web driver.

I'd also bet some those that are black screening or having issues have a bad kext cache. if all the files that should be there, are there. rebuild kextcache is what I'd suggest and of course make sure clover is configured properly for loading nvidia driver if nvram isn't functional in your clover setup or in case your nvram variables are hosed and need clearing.

Last edited:
Installed successfully. I am using a 1060 6gb using an iMac14,2 smbios. Here is how I installed:
1) I updated to the final 10.13 release from the app store, while I was on the beta.
2) I read here that people were having issues and different things people tried. I read about having SIP enabled, so I changed the 0x67 to a 0x0 in Clover.
3) I downloaded and installed the driver. It gave me that error, but I just clicked continue.
4) restarted, and added the web driver boot flag (nvda_drv=1)

it worked. I didnt have to install any special video kexts (no lilu, no nvidiagraphicsfix), no special terminal commands, and no extra bootflags (no gfxfirmware etc). Just web driver bootflag, enabled sip, and installed.

I dont know if it matters, but I enabled sip and installed driver with no restart in between (meaning sip was still disabled when I installed the driver, and only enabled after the restart),

Mine just reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back