Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you sure about sip? I got the error like you while I was trying to install with sip disabled

Yes, that’s what’s so frustrating. I triple checked my SIP settings. Then tried every other setting just to be sure (rebooting each time).

Always get the same error.

Thing is, the first install of High Sierra did work. However, once I did the upgrade of High Sierra, it hasn’t worked since.

Last edited:
So after a week of trying different ways of trying to install and update 10.13 with my Evga 1070's I have only been able to install with both cards pulled and installation of the web drivers before installing cards back on the MB.
If I try to install the cards after High Sierra install without web drivers and try to boot from IGPU I get the windows server boot loop.
Since other using the same MB and Bios have no problems I would say that the Evga 1070 Bios is probably the problem. It seems that those with 1060 and 1080 do not experience this issue.

Stork mentions minimum kexts but others say to use Lilu and NvidiaFixup
You'll only need Fixup if you needed it previously, its not a new requirement
At this point I’m just getting confused by conflicting posts and conflicting version numbers
Same process/problem for both versions
Also, the version I’m installing doesn’t give me the kext error...just gives me a generic error.
Ignore this warning, it is generated if unsigned kexts are allowed before the installation begins. It has no consequence. Obviously the more third-party or (unsigned?) hackintosh-related kexts you have the more chance for incompatibility on a new major OS version installing new drivers, with limited testing that won't have included those things - in this sense the warning may be useful.
Ugg, didn’t work for me. Followed the steps extacly. System wouldn’t boot.
If enabling SIP hasn't worked don't waste time enabling it anymore, it causes other problems. Try to approach this that there is some incompatibility in your configuration, old or incompatible kexts, or missing kexts due to enabling SIP etc.

Last edited:
Hello,
10 days to understand what doesn't run, thank you moderators' team to manage the forum!
I finally finish to install this driver. I make the install from Sierra install and I don't remember using InjectSystemId and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi with Sierra; without the black screen happens...
With Lilu and NvidiaFixup my card is recognized now.
The method is easy but you need the good kext depending your hardware...
Now let's go to install the sound...

Hi,
Can anyone tell me which Terminal commands to open (edit) and then close the Nvidia installer package (.pkg)?
I've had it and used it, but I've lost it...
Thanks.

You'll only need Fixup if you needed it previously, its not a new requirement
Same process/problem for both versionsIgnore this warning, it is generated if unsigned kexts are allowed before the installation begins. It has no consequence. Obviously the more third-party or (unsigned?) hackintosh-related kexts you have the more chance for incompatibility on a new major OS version installing new drivers, with limited testing that won't have included those things - in this sense the warning may be useful.If enabling SIP hasn't worked don't waste time enabling it anymore, it causes other problems. Try to approach this that there is some incompatibility in your configuration, old or incompatible kexts, or missing kexts due to enabling SIP etc.

Awesome, thank you!

Somebody please help, this is getting frustrating now...

I did not update from the App Store. I've made a fresh install with a USB from the very start.
So basically I am booted into 10.13 (17A405) now.

So here we go...

I download the WebDriver pkg, I open the pkg, the installer starts, runs, does its thing... and BAM!! I get an error message
saying the drivers where installed improperly and might not function correctly.
If I dare to reboot after the installer is done, I enter the happy loop de loop infinite reboot land.

All of the issues above are describing post installation issues, I'm having pre installation issues
I just can figure out what I need to do for the drivers to install "properly".

I did not update from the App Store. I've made a fresh install with a USB from the very start.

So here we go...

I download the WebDriver pkg, I open the pkg, the installer starts, runs, does its thing... and BAM!! I get an error message
If I dare to reboot after the installer is done, I enter the happy loop de loop infinite reboot land.

All of the issues above are describing post installation issues, I'm having pre installation issues

Remove the files the web driver installs then -

Supposedly that error is irrelevant. But I also installed fresh, then before installing the drivers, I booted with SIP enabled. (CSRActive Config 0x0). When I installed the web drivers, I got a popup for gatekeeper security and allowed the Nvidia Extension. Then rebooted with SIP disabled (CSRActive Config 0x67) All good. But I do not require Lilu, NVidiaGraphicsFixup , and or the AGDP patch because I use SMBIOS iMac 18,3. I also have EMUVariable64UEFI.efi because my motherboard does not support NVRAM. My iGPU is disabled in the BIOS and Primary graphics is set to PEG.

P.S. If I try to install the Web drivers with SIP disabled, I get the same error as you. So as a precaution, I enabled SIP before installing them.

So if you are using SMBIOS iMac 15,1 17,1 or Mac Pro 6,1 you are going to need Lilu, NVidiaGraphicsFixup , or the AGDP patch. And EMUVariable64UEFI.efi just to be safe. If you already borked the library you may need to add NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext

Last edited:

So here we go...

Remove the files the web driver installs then -

Supposedly that error is irrelevant. But I also installed fresh, then before installing the drivers, I booted with SIP enabled. (CSRActive Config 0x0). When I installed the web drivers, I got a popup for gatekeeper security and allowed the Nvidia Extension. Then rebooted with SIP disabled (CSRActive Config 0x67) All good. But I do not require Lilu, NVidiaGraphicsFixup , and or the AGDP patch because I use SMBIOS iMac 18,3. I also have EMUVariable64UEFI.efi because my motherboard does not support NVRAM. My iGPU is disabled in the BIOS and Primary graphics is set to PEG.

P.S. If I try to install the Web drivers with SIP disabled, I get the same error as you. So as a precaution, I enabled SIP before installing them.

So if you are using SMBIOS iMac 15,1 17,1 or Mac Pro 6,1 you are going to need Lilu, NVidiaGraphicsFixup , or the AGDP patch. And EMUVariable64UEFI.efi just to be safe. If you already borked the library you may need to add NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext

Having similar issues as Clicky ... your post is very helpful, thanks.

I had the AGDP patch under Sierra. Do you know if I need to re-patch or does it remain despite upgrades like to High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back