Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z170-P
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for the answer!
But how am I supposed to edit a plist without being able to boot macOS? If I boot the recovery partition in order to get into terminal my USB devices are not found either...

edit:
my USB 2.0 ports don't work either by the way. Not sure if the port limit is the issue.

If you don't have a bootable backup or access to another Mac/hackintosh, I think it's possible to edit the config.plist in Windows with Notepad. Be sure to make a backup of the config.plist in the even it doesn't work. I've never tried editing the config.plist in Windows. But I'd still try to do it from a Mac/hackintosh if that option is at all available.

Motherboard
ASUS Z170-P
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you don't have a bootable backup or access to another Mac/hackintosh, I think it's possible to edit the config.plist in Windows with Notepad. Be sure to make a backup of the config.plist in the even it doesn't work. I've never tried editing the config.plist in Windows. But I'd still try to do it from a Mac/hackintosh if that option is at all available.

Ok I'll give it a try.
I still don't get why everything worked before installing the web drivers. I obviously used my mouse and keyboard to install the drivers...

Motherboard
MSI H81i
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
RX 580
Ok I'll give it a try.
I still don't get why everything worked before installing the web drivers. I obviously used my mouse and keyboard to install the drivers...
Rebuild your kernel cache. After installing the drivers you will have excluded unsigned kexts if you enabled SIP.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270-HD3-CF
CPU
Intel I7 7700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I follow all steps correctly but after reboot system, my PC always get reboot after close to the login window. if i don't instal Nvidia web driver, this issue don't happen

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270-HD3-CF
CPU
Intel I7 7700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
if i boot without Nvidia Graphics i get
Black screen with

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

blinking in the top left corner of the screen.

Motherboard
ASUS Z270-A Series
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm at my wits end now. I've retried three times again today. It all works perfectly fine until I install the Nvidia Web Drivers. I don't understand how these are mucking it up. I've tried with SIP set to 0x0, tried again at 0x2EF and 0x67. I've tried leaving the SMBIOS blank, filled it in for 14,2 which worked fine with Sierra and I've tried using terminal to touch the kext directory and even tried:

Code:
sudo touch /Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -u /

as suggested by Vulgo and still it just enters a boot loop after restarting once they are installed. What is going on?!

Motherboard
ASUS Z170-P
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Rebuild your kernel cache. After installing the drivers you will have excluded unsigned kexts if you enabled SIP.

That did the trick! You saved me :D

I did the following to bring back my USB ports:
  1. Booted HS with bootflags: "kext-dev-mode=1 -s"
  2. Entered fsck –fy and after that mount –uw /
  3. After that: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
  4. And: reboot
After that everything worked fine again! Thanks!

Motherboard
ASUS K53e sandy laptop
CPU
i3-2310M
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm able to clean install High Sierra perfectly but as soon as I install the Nvidia Web Driver, following the guide at post #2 and trying several suggestions for changing the SIP configurations to 0x0 and then to 0x3 or even the standard 0x3E7, my computer will not boot. The apple logo displays and the load bar gets to about 50% and then the system reboots itself in a continuous loop. Any suggestion on what I am doing wrong as this is becoming very frustrating? I can't even try upgrading from Sierra as I no longer have the installation file and Apple has removed it from the App Store. This is the first time I've ever run into trouble with my hackintosh.

Thanks in advance.
I ran into this as well, thankfully I had a time machine backup with my applications folder in it..
I hope you had a backup

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth x79
CPU
i7-3820
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
if i boot without Nvidia Graphics i get
Black screen with

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

blinking in the top left corner of the screen.
I get this error also when I change from iGPU to PCIE as my graphics in the BIOS. I cant seem to get High Sierra to boot without using iGPU, and switching the monitor over after it boots to the discreet graphics input. I will update my profile now so you can see my hardware. Thanks. Edit: well I'm trying to update my profile. My graphcis card is a
NVDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.