Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z270 M7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated from Sierra to HS then installed the new web drivers :

Capture d’écran 2017-09-27 à 19.07.49.png

I did this before installing the web drivers :

- Removed NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext (iBook is now working fine)
- Removed Lilu + nvidiagraphicsfixup
- keep SIP set to 0x67

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 5700XT Evoke + UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Finally success. Driver had to be installed with SIP enabled , then it worked like a charm with AGDevicePolicy fix or direct clover kext patching.

Attachments

• Screen.png
    Screen.png
    267.6 KB · Views: 166
Motherboard
MSI H81i
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
RX 580
I wonder if sip activation is dirt?
Enabling SIP will probably cause unrelated problems, especially on installs with many hackintosh-specific kexts. Leaving it disabled means the web driver goes into the cache which is all the gatekeeper thing does anyway, once its been loaded at least once either way, AFAIK the non-system kext restriction is gone.

Motherboard
Asus UX430UA (Clover)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Finally success. Driver had to be installed with SIP enabled , then it worked like a charm with AGDevicePolicy fix or direct clover kext patching.

Thank you, it worked:
- enable SIP in clover and reboot
- install web driver(macOS ask you to confirm new NVIDIA extension in System Preferences->Security&Privacy)
- reboot with SIP disabled

now it works fine without black screen.
Before that i stuck at black screen with just cursor and had to connect display cable mDP to iGPU.

Anyway Nvidia web driver didn't fix graphic glitches for my GTX660 ;(

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-video-acceleration-graphics-intel-hd4600.226276/

Motherboard
MSI Z370 Gaming M5
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In order to confirm my assumption about this bug, I just reinstalled a clean High Sierra.

After I installed HS, I use clover to totally enable CSR settings(without checking any CSR option in boot parameters), and of course I booted with -nv_disable=1, but no -x option. so at this specific time, I'm booting with CSR enabled and only `-nv_disable=1 -kext-dev-mode=1` as boot option.

then install the webdriver, there would be no error, just need to allow the gatekeeper to run the nvidia extension, and I allowed it, then I can open NVIDIA Driver Manager preference without any problem.

finally, just boot with desired CSR setting and enable nvidia web driver in clover. now I have a fully functional 970.

just did a clean install again following these steps and worked without using NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 5700XT Evoke + UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
SIP (CSR Active Config, CSR Boot, unknown Kexts off) can be enabled live in Clover Options just for a one-time boot to install the driver and kexts correctly. Without SIP and the kext singning installer won't ask you to confirm Security App Source and the Preference and Privacy confirmation won't show up, error message instead, and continuing with that you somehow get a corrupt installation, black screen, whatever you try to fix later on.

Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 770
Mac
  1. iMac
how do you get to boot? After the web driver install, I keep getting the gIOScreenLockState 3 and can't get it to boot.

Motherboard
Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX/ac
CPU
i5-9600KF
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro + RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have an issue with Cuda.

Update went ok, running CUDA Driver Version: 9.0.197 but I have no coda acceleration in Geekbench 4 or DaVinci Resolve and every time I reboot Cuda asks me to update but states no new driver available...

Cuda.jpg

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H Rev 1.0 16GB Kingston Hyper-X grey
CPU
Intel i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX970
Hi,

Just to be absolutely clear in my mind here. What settings are people using for

Enable SIP
Disable SIP

I have seen three or four different variations on this today (0x3FF 0x00 0x67 and some others) and I would like to be absolutely sure of setting "Enabled" and "Disabled" SIP before I go ahead and install my driver without hosing the install.

Thanks in advance

Amblin

Status
Not open for further replies.