Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's incorrect. it just installs to two locations now. Half of payload is loaded into system/library/extensions and other half in library/extensions.
NVDAStartupWeb.kext is in library, not system/library. these file locational changes are probably part of the fix to comply with making apple happy and allowing nvidia to play nice with ibook/little snitch etc since on 10.12 and older the nvidia drivers messed with library validation, and under 10.13 they now play nice with it. I have no doubt this plays a part in that.

If you open installation with pacifist you'll see that as well. Speaking of which if any of you still have the nvidia library validation fix from 10.12 (https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix) that could very well be screwing things up for you too, get rid of it. it's depricated and not needed under 10.13 with web driver.

I'd also bet some those that are black screening or having issues have a bad kext cache. if all the files that should be there, are there. rebuild kextcache is what I'd suggest and of course make sure clover is configured properly for loading nvidia driver if nvram isn't functional in your clover setup or in case your nvram variables are hosed and need clearing.

They are gone if you have a clean install. That is why most who have this issue are having this problem

Got the same issue as well, 15,1 iMac SMBIOS, edited AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext and changed my Board-ID from Config2 to none, installed webdriver with Continue "on probably not installed correctly" warning, rebooted, and system always boots up with Black Screen.
NVIDIA Web set correctly, iGPU HD4600 on or off doestn't effect the issue.

That's incorrect. it just installs to two locations now. Half of payload is loaded into system/library/extensions and other half in library/extensions.
NVDAStartupWeb.kext is in library, not system/library. these file locational changes are probably part of the fix to comply with making apple happy and allowing nvidia to play nice with ibook/little snitch etc since on 10.12 and older the nvidia drivers messed with library validation, and under 10.13 they now play nice with it. I have no doubt this plays a part in that.

If you open installation with pacifist you'll see that as well. Speaking of which if any of you still have the nvidia library validation fix from 10.12 (https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix) that could very well be screwing things up for you too, get rid of it. it's depricated and not needed under 10.13 with web driver.

I'd also bet some those that are black screening or having issues have a bad kext cache. if all the files that should be there, are there. rebuild kextcache is what I'd suggest and of course make sure clover is configured properly for loading nvidia driver if nvram isn't functional in your clover setup or in case your nvram variables are hosed and need clearing.
Thanks, I found the files. Bungled uninstall from recovery.

Have any of you Guys with black screens tried using AGDPfix ?

May work for you its by Shilohh

Use the search on this site

Yes and no it didn't

I solved:

1. I made a CLEAN install of Sierra
2. Installed Nvidia Web Drivers
3. Updated to High Sierra
4. Disable Gatekeeper and SIP
5. Installed Nvidia Web Drivers for High Sierra
6. Nvidia Fix for Black Screen

7. It works!

That's mean that the Nvidia Installer for High Sierra is corrupt!

I solved:

1. I made a CLEAN install of Sierra
2. Installed Nvidia Web Drivers
3. Updated to High Sierra
4. Disable Gatekeeper and SIP
5. Installed Nvidia Web Drivers for High Sierra
6. Nvidia Fix for Black Screen

7. It works!

That's mean that the Nvidia Installer for High Sierra is corrupt!

I have to wait until it is reeled.

I wonder when NVIDIA will do it for you?

Can you give me a guide with photos?

It's hard for beginners to follow

Mine works too. Here are the steps:
1. After direct update from Sierra I installed the new Nvidia driver and clicked "continue" when an error occurred during installation.
2. After reboot my monitor went to sleep and I couldn't do anything, but I had sound so system was working.
3. I have opened my backup system with 10.12.6 on separate HDD and used Kext Wizard to overwrite Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts.
4. Rebooted to High Sierra and everything is working now.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2017-09-27 o 10.45.15 copy.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2017-09-27 o 10.45.15 copy.png
    301.6 KB · Views: 249
Mine works too. Here are the steps:
1. After direct update from Sierra I installed the new Nvidia driver and clicked "continue" when an error occurred during installation.
2. After reboot my monitor went to sleep and I couldn't do anything, but I had sound so system was working.
3. I have opened my backup system with 10.12.6 on separate HDD and used Kext Wizard to overwrite Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts.
4. Rebooted to High Sierra and everything is working now.

Mine is also singing along nicely after a stock standard install of the web driver. No issues whatsoever. Next will be my
Haswell build but that will have to wait till later today.
Once again Nvidia showed that we can depend on them. For that I thank Nvidia, am really impressed.

Attachments

• Skylake.png
    Skylake.png
    187.7 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
My story for x79 board:

1. Clean install of High Sierra via USB stick and Clover 4220.
2. Install Clover 4220 on SSD, disable Gatekeeper, copy config.plist from Sierra (with SIP disabled 0x67).
3. Reboot with nv_disable=1 (to check if it's booting at all).
4. Install Audio via toleda's script.
5. Reboot once again.
6. Install Nvidia drivers (on error hit Continue) and reboot.
7. It works? Half-way. The card is detected but no GUI acceleration.
8. Change CsrActiveConfig to 0x3 (with 0x00 no audio) and reboot.
9. Now it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back