Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.9.5 (334.01.03)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.9.5 (334.01.03f01)

So there's a driver for Nvidia 750 ti in OS X 10.10 but not 10.9 (10.9.x) how sad is that! :(

(UP)
Hi,

First, i’m french, so if there is something that you don’t understand in mail mail, please tell me, i’ll try to be more precise.
I have the video card GTX 770 OC 4Go and when I link it to my screen (a lg34um95) with the display port, i’ve got this problem http://i.imgur.com/lUu3o2s.jpg
I use Mountain Lion, and I looked over the web to find a driver but I don’t think I found what’s needed.

Anyway, I saw that you succeed with the GTX 770, so I’d be interested to know if you could help me by telling me the parameters for the BIOS (i’ve got a GA Z87X UD7 TH too); the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and the smbios.plist?

Thank you very much,
Kind regards
Cyril

So I ended up purchasing the EVGA 750 ti SC that's in the buyers guide. I'm running 10.9.5 on a GA-z87-HD3 board, and it stops at that spinning wheel on the startup page. My speaker kind of makes a pop right before it freezes. I've been using the NVIDIA driver, with nvda_drv=1 in the bootloader.

Not sure where to go from here.

I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled.... these drivers on my i7 3930K, Gigabyte GA X79-UD5,
EVGA GT 640 4GB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, OSX 10.9.5 and I have some feedback as well as could use some help!
There is something glitchy going on and I would greatly appreciate any input if possible.

I have installed these alternate drivers to achieve having three monitors from my EVGA GT 640 4GB graphics card. The Web Drivers work but seem flakey for now I get the occasional freeze particularly when attempting a restart or shutdown. I have to do a hard restart to recover when this happens. Sometimes I even have to reboot twice before it gets back to the desktop.

:?: Also interesting, and maybe the source of the problem, is if I inject the boot flag "nvda_drv=1" in my "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" then Mavericks will not boot to the desktop, only Apple Logo with spinning wheel then blue screen. However, if I boot without "nvda_drv=1" yet still with the NVIDA Web Drivers engaged, then I am able to boot and most everything functions normally until the pesky freeze rears it's ugly head!
Also, Preview crashes 100% of the time :thumbdown: and I don't know if somehow this is related or indicative of the issue. So, I am considering uninstalling the NVIDIA Web Drivers and just using the OSX drivers to see if the freezes go away. The drawback of this being that only two monitor outputs work from my GT 640 when using the default OSX drivers.

Any guidance towards a solid fix would be AWESOME! If I can get this sorted out then this would be a pretty flawless build!

i got this in my chameleon.boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-f npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1</string>

??

Hi All,

I'm currently running these drivers with the gtx 780 curious if I could just drop a gtx 970 in a have it work with these drivers?

thanks,

jb

Drivers worked fine for me (on 10.9.5 Mavericks with a GTX670). That is until I installed the latest security update from Apple over the weekend. Now the NVIDIA drivers say they're not compatible any more, but there doesn't seem to be an update for them. Anyone know what's going on?

Mac OS X version 10.9.5 (13F1066) is not supported with this package. Please see NVIDIA’s website for further driver information, what now? I have 10.9.5 this is strange.

Mac OS X version 10.9.5 (13F1066) is not supported with this package. Please see NVIDIA’s website for further driver information, what now? I have 10.9.5 this is strange.

Make sure your 10.9.5 is completely updated including all security updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back