Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.9.3 (334.01.01f01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Cinebench R15 and new NVidia GTX 780 3 GB J have only 63 fps. It is lower than GTX 770 - 106 fps ( . upgrade to Mavericks 10.93 and NVidia drivers 334.01.01f01 , cuda 6.0.37 .
All works very well LuxMark, Heaven Benchmark but Cinebench R15 is too low.

You guys are just awesome! :thumbup:

I've been wanting to try these drivers and just decided to give it a shot after updating to 10.9.3 last night. So far so good! :clap:

It looks like my GPU is idling now and running cooler. Thanks to everyone's hard work on this site!

Before

Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 8.26.23 PM.png

After

Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 9.06.52 PM.png

GA-Z77X-UD5H - i5-3570k - 16GB ram - Gigabyte 660ti

After 10.9.3 update, my second monitor (Dell) has random black flash (few seconds from time to time).

I have an Asus GeForce GTX 760 2gb, and two monitors (dvi Asus VS229 and displayport Dell P2214H).

Should I try this driver?

Thanks

I have a GTX 780 Ti and once I stall 10.9.3, I get no picture at all since I rely on the drivers. I can't install the drivers before installing 10.9.3 so how are people installing the nvidia drivers after installing 10.9.3? Can GTX 780 and 780 Ti owners chime in?

EDIT:

Figured it out.

For anyone who has the same trouble as me, what I had to do was use the integrated GPU to get a picture so I can install the Nvidia drivers. I went into BIOS and changed the initial display output to IGFX and then enabled the Intel processor graphics. Plugged my HDMI/Display port into my motherboard, rebooted and then installed the Nvidia drivers. Once installed, simply just reverse your steps.

I've been wanting to try these drivers and just decided to give it a shot after updating to 10.9.3 last night. So far so good! :clap:

It looks like my GPU is idling now and running cooler. Thanks to everyone's hard work on this site!

But are you still able to use OpenCL and Cuda? Or at least OpenCL with better performances than with standard drivers? Cuda is not so important after all, but OpenCL is fundamental.

I got this error with new nvidia driver for GTX 560 Ti
View attachment 93065

You can install the drivers using pacifist.

Two possible solutions:

Set SMBios to one of the MacPro models (3,1; 4,1; or 5,1; not sure if higher models are accepted)
I have set it to 3,1 and still get that message.

Alternatively, you could place your patch in your current system ID into one of the kexts, but I cannot recall the specific directions for that route. I went the first route personally. I have not tried these drivers, however - I haven't had any success just yet.
no clue either, so pacifist is the simplest way i know

Before

View attachment 93142

After

View attachment 93143

GA-Z77X-UD5H - i5-3570k - 16GB ram - Gigabyte 660ti

Where can i find this tool? I don't get good results with google :(

works perfectly on my gtx 650..

Can you elaborate, @lazaac?

I have a GTX 650 aswel, and after upgrading from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3 my display no longer turns on.
I can vnc in, and I've installed the Alternate Graphics Drivers, tried switching between native and Nvidia Web driver, I have GraphicsEnabler=1, and nvda_driver=1.

I'm out of ideas, anything you can think of? I've currently connected the monitor with VGA

Any tips is greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back