Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.9.2 (331.01.01f01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, Sasquatch00. I believe people have gotten GeForce GTX 780 Ti to work with Mavericks. It was tricky at first with lack of Maverick support, but that's apparently improved and 780 Ti is very usable. But I didn't see anyone specifically stating Zotac. The graphics card page in the buyer's guide lists Asus, EVGA, Gigabyte and PNY versions of 780 Ti, but not Zotac.

I thought maybe someone gave the Zotac 780 Ti a shot despite, but I can't find a success/failure report of it in the forums.

I updated to 10.9.3 using combo update from apple

and updated to the latest Nvidia web driver

I still have this freeze bug to some applications after force quit (due to "not responding" )

is there anyway to fix this annoying bug ???

I really can't use my hackintosh normally

everything working as it should be , but this freeze bug :(

this thread is describe the same problem I had

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...t-responding-after-force-quit.html#post822287

Ok followed the directions again and still not getting the other screen to work. Here are all my configs.

I think the key is the fact that the systems profiler says there is no kext for the unknown (second Nvidia) card. But I am at a loss as to how to fix it.

If there is anything I am doing wrong please help!

Thanks

HI I have a GTX 650 Ti and whenever I try to switch to the NVIDIA web drivers in the system preferences, it reverts back upon reboot. Also, I installed the latest CUDA drivers but After Effects says my system doesn't have CUDA installed.

View attachment 86886
Please tell me what is in this attached image.
Is like an Nvidia control panel ( the background image ) ?
There i can see some menus :
General
Previews
Display
Import
Output
etc etc
Can you have acces to " saturation / hue / digital vibrance / contrast / ??
Thanks in advance

I have a GTX 660. Have installed the new 331.01.01f02. No problems easy update. I could be imagining things but my system seems a little zippier and videos seem to be more fluid. My installed CUDA did not have any errors listed and seems to be working fine. So far an improvement.

I have a GTX 660 as well, but is says
" gtx 660 not supported "

Hi there, trying to install drivers for my EVGA GeForce GTX 970 and I'm running into a bit of trouble. I downloaded the drivers but cannot complete the install. When I double click on the file to open it, the installer comes up, but it give me the following message:
Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 4.36.51 PM.png
Mac OS X version is not compatible
Mac OS X version 10.10.2 (14C1510) is required for this update. Please update your OS version and try again.

But when I go to About this mac, it tells me that I am indeed running 10.10.2
Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 4.37.06 PM.png

So, what's the deal? Why can't I install the drivers? Thanks for your help!

Hi there, trying to install drivers for my EVGA GeForce GTX 970 and I'm running into a bit of trouble. I downloaded the drivers but cannot complete the install. When I double click on the file to open it, the installer comes up, but it give me the following message:
View attachment 132387
Mac OS X version is not compatible
Mac OS X version 10.10.2 (14C1510) is required for this update. Please update your OS version and try again.

But when I go to About this mac, it tells me that I am indeed running 10.10.2
View attachment 132388

So, what's the deal? Why can't I install the drivers? Thanks for your help!

There are several different build of 10.10.2. When in the About This Mac window click where it says 10.10.2 and it will show you the build number. The driver you are trying to install is for 10.10.2 with both security updates installed.

I figured it out. Just had to download a different release of the 10.10.2 drivers. Here is a link to insanelymac with all of the drivers in case anyone is having the same problem:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301416-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-yosemite/

I do have another problem, though. Now I can't get OS X to boot without the bootflag nv_disable=1, but that disables my graphics card, right? Anyone know what bootflags I should enter? Currently doing this:
npci=0x2000, nv_disable=1, -f -v

Thanks.

Last edited:
I figured it out. Just had to download a different release of the 10.10.2 drivers. Here is a link to insanelymac with all of the drivers in case anyone is having the same problem:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301416-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-yosemite/

I do have another problem, though. Now I can't get OS X to boot without the bootflag nv_disable=1, but that disables my graphics card, right? Anyone know what bootflags I should enter? Currently doing this:
npci=0x2000, nv_disable=1, -f -v

Thanks.

If you aren't booting without nvda_drv=1 then that might be a problem.

These are my boot flags for my build with a MSI GTX 970: darkwake=8 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1

darkwake=8 is to fix audio after wake from sleep using the CodecCommander.kext so you may not need that.

I did add nvda_drv=1 to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and I've tried entering it manually, but I'm still not getting in. Tried the boot flags you're using. No luck :( thanks for you help though, slim-jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back