Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.9.2 (331.01.01f01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed it on my GTX 780 hackintosh 10.9.2 and all my freezes and app crashes are gone. I can finally go further into the preference menus of Logic Pro X. Preview and Office is running great. Finally a mac I dreamed of.

Make sure you have the nvda_drv=1 flag on your org.chameleon.boot.plist, if not, write it at your bootloader screen (the same way you put -v, -x or -f if you need verbose, safe boot or ignore caches).

Cheers!

Hi guys.
I have exactly the same issue on my Hackintosh.
Mavericks 10.9.2 with up to date CUDA drivers installed and After Effects doesn't see the gpu at all.
Basically it says I have an incompatible GPU and/or CUDA drivers.
I have a EVGA GTX 770 on a Gigabyte mob with an intel i7 3930k.
I tried to put your custom bootflag and this is my actual boot.plst:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>nvda_drv=1 npci=0x2000</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Quiet Boot</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
    <key>Instant Menu</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Any clue to get this thing working?
Also I noticed that the GPU is running great when I do any benchmark test (Cinegench, LuxMark v2.1) but on Final Cut Pro X 10.1.x is not actually doing so much unless I get some text and/or video fx.
Even in that case, on FCPX the gpu never runs at its best (not even approaching the 1.2ghz of clock) and in many cases it's even running on 135 mhz even if I'm editing a full hd 1080p 50fps sequence with three filters etc.
I suspect there's something is not working at 100% and I want to clear this so I can share any solution to use 100% of my system at its best.
Thanks.

Hi guys.
I have exactly the same issue on my Hackintosh.
Mavericks 10.9.2 with up to date CUDA drivers installed and After Effects doesn't see the gpu at all.
Basically it says I have an incompatible GPU and/or CUDA drivers.
I have a EVGA GTX 770 on a Gigabyte mob with an intel i7 3930k.
I tried to put your custom bootflag and this is my actual boot.plst:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>nvda_drv=1 npci=0x2000</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Quiet Boot</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
    <key>Instant Menu</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Any clue to get this thing working?
Also I noticed that the GPU is running great when I do any benchmark test (Cinegench, LuxMark v2.1) but on Final Cut Pro X 10.1.x is not actually doing so much unless I get some text and/or video fx.
Even in that case, on FCPX the gpu never runs at its best (not even approaching the 1.2ghz of clock) and in many cases it's even running on 135 mhz even if I'm editing a full hd 1080p 50fps sequence with three filters etc.
I suspect there's something is not working at 100% and I want to clear this so I can share any solution to use 100% of my system at its best.
Thanks.

You should add your card to AE supported text file

You should add your card to AE supported text file

Thanks mate.
I was just about to post this link I found from Adobe:
http://www.vidmuze.com/how-to-enable-gpu-cuda-in-adobe-cs6-for-mac/

Just opne terminal and proceeded to this:
Schermata 2014-04-17 alle 15.54.41.jpg

It worked out perfectly both on Premiere Pro:
Schermata 2014-04-17 alle 15.52.23.jpg

As well as in AFter Effects:
Schermata 2014-04-17 alle 15.53.45.jpg
Now I have GPU acceleration enabled in Premiere and After Effects.
Awesome.

Plus I just made a test, and in Davinci Resolve I found the performance is dramatically improoved if I just use original graphics driver that comes with OSX Mavericks 10.9.2 instead of NVIDIA WEB drivers:
Schermata 2014-04-17 alle 15.49.59.jpg
It seems like the web driver doesn't use the gpu at his best, and I can tell from the frequency that goes at his maximum when I use default driver, when it barely throttle on web drivers.
So, for the ones interested in this sort of thing, just go with OSX driver, and for Adobe, just fix like in the tutorial.

Still, guys, want to check on the Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1 and see if/how there's a way to improove performances in that area, even thinking of a SLI dual GTX 760 configuration.

Any FCPX user here that can give us a clue?

That would help a lot.
Hope this can help other users.
Cheers.

I have a GTX 660. Have installed the new 331.01.01f02. No problems easy update. I could be imagining things but my system seems a little zippier and videos seem to be more fluid. My installed CUDA did not have any errors listed and seems to be working fine. So far an improvement.

Were you having issues with your graphics prior to install? I have a nvidia gtx 660 as well and it seems to be working well enough w.o overt issues. It sounds like I'll get better performance with this update. Are you still happy with the results?

When you type nvda_drv=0 in the Chameleon boot screen, does it boot with Apple's native drivers then?

Has anyone tried the new driver and the OpenCL fix with 780ti?

Yes, the drivers work perfectly with Gainward GTX 780Ti. The OpenCL fix was not needed.
Although in my case I had to use a GTX 480 to even boot the machine and install the drivers (and then switch out the GFX cards).

Zotac GeForce 780 Ti

I was considering getting the Zotac GeForce GTX 780 Ti, but didn't see it listed under the "Alternate Graphics Cards." I saw Zotac brand was listed with some of the other slower graphics cards. Does that rule out Zotac 780Ti's compatibility to work with a Hackintosh build or it just hasn't been tested? Has anybody had problems with Zotac in general?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

When I try to install the drivers it says my computer isn't compatible. I'm on mavericks 10.9.2.
Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

I was considering getting the Zotac GeForce GTX 780 Ti, but didn't see it listed under the "Alternate Graphics Cards." I saw Zotac brand was listed with some of the other slower graphics cards. Does that rule out Zotac 780Ti's compatibility to work with a Hackintosh build or it just hasn't been tested? Has anybody had problems with Zotac in general?

Thanks in advance.

My first hack gfx card was a zotac GTX 480. Worked great. Had it for years.

Unfortunately I can't tell you for sure if the 780ti version works, in fact I think the more pertinent question is if any of the 780tis work.

That being said I didn't have any problems with the zotac card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back