Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.9.2 (331.01.01f01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody tried these with a Fermi card?

If this solves the stuck high clock bug, I am going to be really annoyed...I just went out and bought a Radeon 7750 the other day because I got tired of waiting for the stuck clock fix for my power hungry gtx480, and the GT610 i bought is SOOOO slow in games it makes the HD3000 look like a Titan.

I'm running the latest Web Driver on my GTX 480, and yeah, it remains a power hungry beast :)
No power management, 700MHz on the GPU all day long.

Good question! No answers?

I'd love to answer this one, but I guess not many people have 4K monitors these days (and usually not the good 60Hz MST ones, especially. These things are still really pricey..)

I'm running the latest Web Driver on my GTX 480, and yeah, it remains a power hungry beast :)

Well then this seems to confirms that the absence of power management is still "normal" and not just an isolated case. Too bad. Is the cause for this known, which could enable some kind of software hack/fix?

Well, at least I dont feel *quite* as bad for dropping $100 on the 7750 the other day, LOL.

I really wish somebody could figure out the itunes/Intel hdxxxx series playback issue---that would be ideal for me, the hd3000 (or 4000 if I pull the Ivy from my windows gaming rig) is fast enough for the mild gaming I do, and uses the least amount of electricity.

Now, with these Nvidia bugs theres a whole new level of hurt as the only dedicated cards I had were Nvidia---except for the R9 290x which isnt supported at all.

Oh well, thus is the life of a unofficially supported platform. =)

I installed the WebDrivers and everything seems to be working fine. Though my GTX 760 throttled up to 1.02 GHz after opening Apeture and has stayed there even after closing the app.

Well, this is a bit odd, but I've just realised that power management kinda works
After reboot, I checked hwmonitor and the card is in idle

BUT, when you start using the PC, the gpu clock goes up, and stays up..
SO, I've started playing around with the AGPM.kext

I'm using Mac Pro 6.1
So I've changed the following values (GPU2, since hwmonitor shows my card as GPU2)

Code:
            <key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>
                <dict>
                    <key>GFX1</key>
                    <dict>
                        <key>AGDCEnabled</key>
                        <integer>1</integer>
                        <key>Heuristic</key>
                        <dict>
                            <key>ID</key>
                            <integer>-1</integer>
                        </dict>
                        <key>control-id</key>
                        <integer>18</integer>
                        <key>max-power-state</key>
                        <integer>15</integer>
                        <key>min-power-state</key>
                        <integer>0</integer>
                    </dict>
                    <key>GFX2</key>
                    <dict>
                        <key>AGDCEnabled</key>
                        <integer>1</integer>
                        <key>Heuristic</key>
                        <dict>
                            <key>Threshold_Low</key>
                            <array>
                                <integer>0</integer>
                                <integer>0</integer>
                                <integer>87</integer>
                                <integer>98</integer>
                            </array>
                            <key>Threshold_High</key>
                            <array>
                                <integer>0</integer>
                                <integer>45</integer>
                                <integer>75</integer>
                                <integer>100</integer>
                            </array>
                            <key>ID</key>
                            <integer>18</integer>
                        </dict>
                        <key>control-id</key>
                        <integer>18</integer>
                        <key>max-power-state</key>
                        <integer>15</integer>
                        <key>min-power-state</key>
                        <integer>0</integer>
                    </dict>
                </dict>

After that, I used Kext Utility to install the modified kext, rebooted and thats it.
My system idles around 250watts (without the monitors) but STILL throttling down is a bit buggy..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-08 at 13.03.48.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-08 at 13.03.48.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 222
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-08 at 14.03.30.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-08 at 14.03.30.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 197
Well, this is a bit odd, but I've just realised that power management kinda works
After reboot, I checked hwmonitor and the card is in idle

BUT, when you start using the PC, the gpu clock goes up, and stays up..
SO, I've started playing around with the AGPM.kext

I'm using Mac Pro 6.1
So I've changed the following values (GPU2, since hwmonitor shows my card as GPU2)

After that, I used Kext Utility to install the modified kext, rebooted and thats it.
My system idles around 250watts (without the monitors) but STILL throttling down is a bit buggy..

Thats exactly what I'm experiencing. as soon as I run even iPhoto or Aperture; up throttles the GPU. And it won't throttle back down at all...

I'm a little hesitant to start editing kexts though...

Thats exactly what I'm experiencing. as soon as I run even iPhoto or Aperture; up throttles the GPU. And it won't throttle back down at all...

You might want to try this fix: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/122777-fix-opencl-crash-gk110b-based-cards-19.html
After that, everything works perfectly, graphics throttle up and down when they should. This is not a graphics power management bug (that's what I thought initially as well, but editing agpm kext has given nothing). It is an OpenCL bug. More info in the linked thread.

Tell me please what's the difference between NVidia GeForce GTX 680 2GB and Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 4GB in terms of compatibility? If the WebDriver supports the first one doest it mean that the WebDriver doesn't support the second one?

I use more that one monitor at time at 2.5k resolution so it's better to use 4Gb of video memory for me. But what's the better card to Hackintosh's compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back