Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.9.2 (331.01.01f01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally works in my gtx 760, OpenCL+CUDA and power management!

Anybody tried these with a Fermi card?

If this solves the stuck high clock bug, I am going to be really annoyed...I just went out and bought a Radeon 7750 the other day because I got tired of waiting for the stuck clock fix for my power hungry gtx480, and the GT610 i bought is SOOOO slow in games it makes the HD3000 look like a Titan.

I totally works in my gtx 760, OpenCL+CUDA and power management!

How can you tell if power management works? Because mine still appears to be broken: When my machine boots, the GPU clock is at 324MHz, but as soon as it has to ramp up for OpenCL it stays at 1.1GHz.

Anybody tried these with a Fermi card?

If this solves the stuck high clock bug, I am going to be really annoyed...I just went out and bought a Radeon 7750 the other day because I got tired of waiting for the stuck clock fix for my power hungry gtx480, and the GT610 i bought is SOOOO slow in games it makes the HD3000 look like a Titan.

I might check if I have time, I still have a friend's GTX 460 lying around. Haven't used it except for testing, so I might put it in and check. But as far as I know I'm still having issues with my Kepler GTX 670, so I guess Fermi isn't working either.

How can you tell if power management works? Because mine still appears to be broken: When my machine boots, the GPU clock is at 324MHz, but as soon as it has to ramp up for OpenCL it stays at 1.1GHz.

Checked opening FCP X 10.1.1 ( OpenCL) GPU frequencies raised up and throttled down after closing.

Checked opening FCP X 10.1.1 ( OpenCL) GPU frequencies raised up and throttled down after closing.

Very strange... I've tried ramping up the core clock with some CUDA workload (just running CUDA-Z), it then throttled down after quitting. But then I fired up Luxmark and it got stuck at the maximum base clock. (Not the boost clock, though)
Which driver version are you using? I've got the 331.01.01f01 loaded at the moment.

EDIT: What system definition are you using? Could it have anything to do with the fact that I am using Mac Pro 3,1?

I might check if I have time, I still have a friend's GTX 460 lying around. Haven't used it except for testing, so I might put it in and check. But as far as I know I'm still having issues with my Kepler GTX 670, so I guess Fermi isn't working either.

Yeah, the GT610 I had up until the other day would stay at 820 core/201 mem according to hwmonitor. Difference was, unlike the power-sucking 480 Fermi, it hardly uses any power even at peak load.

The 7750 I bought seems to work perfectly, just it was rather unfortunate that I had to do that workaround to get Chameleon to boot properly with it---now I'm worried that 10.9.x updates in the future could prove problematic since I did that move to get the EFI folder out of the root directory (which solves the gibberish text boot problem with Chameleon/7xxx cards too).

Very strange... I've tried ramping up the core clock with some CUDA workload (just running CUDA-Z), it then throttled down after quitting. But then I fired up Luxmark and it got stuck at the maximum base clock. (Not the boost clock, though)
Which driver version are you using? I've got the 331.01.01f01 loaded at the moment.

EDIT: What system definition are you using? Could it have anything to do with the fact that I am using Mac Pro 3,1?

I always use Mac Pro 5,1 (make sure you delete that TyMCE kext first though!).

Im on definition Mac Pro 3,1 as well and drivers 331.01.01f01, I dont know about Luxmark, when I opened it I saw this error: RUNTIME ERROR: No OpenCL device selected or available.
but OpenCL works.

EDIT: confirmed after opening Luxmark the frequency wont throttle down!

For me these drivers greatly improved performance in world of warcraft, get about the same score with unigine heaven as before.

GPU: Gainward GTX 780 Phantom "GLH"

Haven't encountered any errors so far.

Thanks alot. :thumbup:

Im using gtx670 on 10.9.2 0sx here, plist at the moment is:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 -v</string>

Im getting KP on startup after web drive upgrade. Tried both options below with same KP results. any suggestions?

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 -v nvda_drv=1</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back