Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.9.2 (331.01.01f01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make sure that the new Nvidia kexts are loaded after adding the necessary kernal flag, you can open system information then browse to Extensions from the left side then view for example GeforceWeb.kext then in the Loaded column discover if it Yes or No.

Hope this will be nice tip :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-28 at 11.21.46 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-02-28 at 11.21.46 PM.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 720
kernal flag is added, kext is loaded, CUDA is up to date (5.5.43), but any app that uses CUDA crashes on startup. I guess the only thing left to do is wait for a CUDA update...

I'm running a GTX 670 and this is the first time trying the web drivers. Installed them, then the CUDA driver. Everything seems fine except for a couple things: my boot.plist was overwritten with a blank one except for the nvdrweb=1 flag. Thought it was weird so I went in and added all the key/strings manually. But, the other annoying thing is that the CUDA prefpane pops up every time I log in to OS X. Anybody have this issue?

Anyone experienced issues with their second monitor failing to work when using the NVIDIA drivers? Both of mine are connected via DVI ports. And CUDA fails to load as well... pretty disappointing!!

So based on the original post, this is only supported on MacPro 3,1; 4,1; & 5,1 System definitions on the Hack? I am using a iMac 14,2 definition and haven't had any issues. I am wondering if this is supported with this system definition for my GTX780 GPU?

Anyone experienced issues with their second monitor failing to work when using the NVIDIA drivers? Both of mine are connected via DVI ports.

I have a dual monitor setup and they run fine with the new Web drivers- one is dual-link dvi and the other regular dvi, from my GTX 650 Ti card. I have not noticed any improvement from the Apple drivers though.

I have a dual monitor setup and they run fine with the new Web drivers- one is dual-link dvi and the other regular dvi, from my GTX 650 Ti card. I have not noticed any improvement from the Apple drivers though.

Does your CUDA work?

So based on the original post, this is only supported on MacPro 3,1; 4,1; & 5,1 System definitions on the Hack? I am using a iMac 14,2 definition and haven't had any issues. I am wondering if this is supported with this system definition for my GTX780 GPU?

I use an iMac definition too, the installer ran fine. 13,2 I think. It's at my office so I can't check until Monday.

Anybody tried a Quadro K5000 with their Hackintosh? I wonder how these drivers affect this card . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back