Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.9.2 (331.01.01f01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a Quadro K5000 mac version on a mac pro

and after download the driver

i get
CUDA Driver Version: 5.5.43 update required

GPU Driver Version: 8.25.9 (331.01.01f01)

the funniest thing is that i have contact NVIDIA support and an NVIDIA person told me that i was mistaken that they didn't had any Quadro K5000 mac version and therefor they couldn't provide me any support of any kind

Hmm- not sure- I looked at the script, and it only mentions NVRAM- what version of Chameleon are you using?

I'm using Chameleon version 2.2svn r2371. When I use the preference panel to switch it automatically adds or subtracts <string>nvda_drv=1</string> to my org.chameleon.boot.plist.

I'm using Chameleon version 2.2svn r2371. When I use the preference panel to switch it automatically adds or subtracts <string>nvda_drv=1</string> to my org.chameleon.boot.plist.

That must be something new they've added then- thanks for the reply.

That must be something new they've added then- thanks for the reply.

In my case it overwrote my chameleon boot.plist with a completely blank one and I had to go in and type in all my key/strings. Fortunately I was still able to boot up after that happened.

Is there any chance these drivers will enable MST Mode running 4K (60Hz) on DisplayPort 1.2?

Not really even sure why I decided to try these drivers as I was perfectly happy with my setup. But I'll report my tests(pain) for the good of everyone else. These new drivers break CUDA.... I tried signing up for Nvidia Dev forum and downloaded CUDA 6 RC, still broken. So I restored back ML 10.8.5 then installed the new OS update to find that it had the new 331 nvidia drivers in it which severely hurt performance. So I restored again to ML 10.8.5 then install the CUDA 6 RC and I must say that is the best config so far. Yes it still has the OpenCL crash but in ML it's minimal and the applescript method of disabling OpenCL on the GFX card is really painless. Now I'm waiting for 10.9.3 I guess.

GPU: GK11x (GTX 780)
Nvidia Driver: 310.10.00.10f02
CUDA Driver: 6.0
OSX Version: 10.8.5 (w/o latest security update 2014-001)

I am happy to announce that CUDA is now fixed! No crashes anymore. Latest version is 5.5.47. Get it in the preference panel now. :D

Capture d’écran 2014-03-03 à 18.48.50.jpg
Capture d’écran 2014-03-03 à 18.57.15.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back