Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.9.2 (331.01.01f01)

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I figured it out. Just had to download a different release of the 10.10.2 drivers. Here is a link to insanelymac with all of the drivers in case anyone is having the same problem:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301416-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-yosemite/

I do have another problem, though. Now I can't get OS X to boot without the bootflag nv_disable=1, but that disables my graphics card, right? Anyone know what bootflags I should enter? Currently doing this:
npci=0x2000, nv_disable=1, -f -v

Thanks.
If you aren't booting without nvda_drv=1 then that might be a problem.

These are my boot flags for my build with a MSI GTX 970: darkwake=8 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1

darkwake=8 is to fix audio after wake from sleep using the CodecCommander.kext so you may not need that.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I did add nvda_drv=1 to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and I've tried entering it manually, but I'm still not getting in. Tried the boot flags you're using. No luck :( thanks for you help though, slim-jim.

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I did add nvda_drv=1 to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and I've tried entering it manually, but I'm still not getting in. Tried the boot flags you're using. No luck :( thanks for you help though, slim-jim.
I am using Clover, if you have a UEFI board I highly recommend switching to it.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Would you recommend doing clover start to finish, or do you think starting with the tonymac method (chimera) and then doing post installation with clover, as described in this video will be ok?

[video=youtube;CjMXkB2wMWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjMXkB2wMWE[/video]

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm using the tonymacx86 UniBeast/MultiBeast/Chimera on all my builds without any problems - iMessage, FaceTime, sleep/wake-up, etc. all work. Even with the nVidia Maxwell GTX 750 Ti in my Hector build.