Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.5 (346.02.03)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You try to hack install one of the previous drivers but they don't always work.

Instructions are in the link below on how to modify the installer to allow it to install the driver. Once installed you will have to modify the info.plist inside the NVDAStartup.kext to change the build number to 14F27.

No promises it works... sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-problems.html

Thank you for advice...
I have to hack the nvidia driver install with FPE ??? should i use this method : "Problem 1: Computer not supported error" ? and change some lines in the distribution files ? Because in Problem 2: This version OS X is not supported you only refer to dl links for good version...

You try to hack install one of the previous drivers but they don't always work.

Instructions are in the link below on how to modify the installer to allow it to install the driver. Once installed you will have to modify the info.plist inside the NVDAStartup.kext to change the build number to 14F27.

No promises it works... sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-problems.html

Look my cinebench results... so bad :/
Capture d’écran 2015-09-22 à 22.42.06.png

I have seen much higher results with same GPU, same version of yosemite and same driver... look here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ch-cpu-graphics-benchmarks-9.html#post1087711

Thank you for advice...
I have to hack the nvidia driver install with FPE ??? should i use this method : "Problem 1: Computer not supported error" ? and change some lines in the distribution files ? Because in Problem 2: This version OS X is not supported you only refer to dl links for good version...

You will certainly have to do problem #2 because you are installing a version of the driver that is not for 10.10.5. Problem #1 depends on your system profile that you are using. As far as the download links provided, those are the ones for each version of OS X, there aren't any others. You would have to make all these hacks to try to get a 10.10.4 driver to work with 10.10.5 but it may not work. Since the Web drivers hook into system files sometimes stuff has changed enough with the OS X update that the older driver just isn't compatible no matter what you do to try an make it work.

Hey guys.. I've freshly installed 10.10.5 with Clover (iMac 14.2) on my GA-Z87N-WIFI + i5-4690k and EVGA GTX960 with these drivers (346.02.03.03f01) and after booting screen goes black when using Displayport, but DVI works.

Any solutions for that "bug" ? :shifty:

Thanks!

i had a similar issues, this is a crazy a way to get it to work but it did work. I booted the system with DVI connected to my first monitor and then i connected my second monitor using DP. After that I unplugged my DVI monitor and DP monitor was still working. At that point i disconnected DVI and rebooted. DP monitor worked just fine by itself. It does not make sense but it worked for me.

Just a note for anyone using these: I have a Titan X and found that while it seemed to be functionally working ,ie. photoshop and 3d programs would show fully accelerated under open cl settings and etc. when i first logged in the system profiler / nvidia utility wouldn't recognize it and showed unknown device with only 2989~approx memory. I seem to have fixed this by turning on vt-d on in the bios (which i had turned off originally to be as safe as possible years ago) and watching verbose mode run, before this when trying the VBIOS=Yes flag would get weird messages , after looking those up etc... ie ie long story but now it shows up in the profiler. without having to either turn off graphicsenabler=Yes or having to put a flashed version on the cards bios.
:headbang::beachball:

Hello guys,

Finally I got the GTX 750 TI working on my old MacPro3,1. I did the following:
  1. I got hands on an old GT 220. I believe this is natively supported by the OS.
  2. Booted with the 220 and selected the NVIDIA web driver.
  3. Turned OFF the MacPro and substituted the GT220 with the GTX750ti
  4. Booted and voila!
This was a workaround that worked because, since I didn't had any working video card, I was using "Target Disk Mode (TDM)" to display whatever was happening in my MacPro on a MacBook via firewire, so I could never switch effectively from the OSX default driver to the NVIDIA web driver.

I hope this info is useful to somebody. Thanks again for all of your support. I'm looking forward to update from Yosemite to El Capitan and use the newest beta drivers from NVIDIA, do you think is worth the risk?

Have a good one!

Hey guys... could REALLY use some expertise here...

I am using CLOVER and machine has been running solid for months on 10.10.3 - I updated to 10.10.5 and upon resetting, my screen is active and loads all the way to the Apple loading bar but then drops offline. I know that the machine is working fine because my music and sounds from other apps as they are opening up automatically at launch are making noises.

I have also attached multiple different DUAL DVI monitors and the same issue: video loses connectivity after Apple logo loading...

What is the key command/process for re-activating my video driver or what exactly needs to be done?

Is there a way to load the new NVIDIA driver to a USB and load it effectively... without visual access to my desktop (screen shots off before getting to desktop)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back