Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.3 (346.01.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a very serious problem here.

After I updated to 10.10.3, I can't get my GTX980 work.
Even using nv_disable=1 and update my Web Driver.

Worst of all, I switched to GTX 650 Ti, still a same result.
The screen went sleep mode after the Apple logo. Even use OS X Driver or Web Driver.

Now the only way I can do is enter to OS X by using nv_disable=1.

And I guess there are two ways to solve this problem.
1. CLOVER is too old (I'm using r2916)
2. There are some values need to change for X79 after 10.10.3 upgrade.

Does anyone got a same problem?

==========================

Problem solved:

Just change my model from MacPro61 to MacPro31. Now everything works fine.

Can you boot using -f ?

Same error.

I tried with just -f and also with dart=0 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 -f

Same error both times...

Attachments

• 4_13_2015.jpg
    4_13_2015.jpg
    842.6 KB · Views: 280
What's your system definition? If it's not MacPro 3,1 maybe try changing to that. I had the same problem as missile did above, my display would sleep just as the boot screen was finishing. Changing to MacPro 3,1 fixed that for now (I want to go and find which system definitions work as I want the Haswell features of the newer definitions.) Your problem is different but a whole range of problems can sometimes be solved by going back to MacPro 3,1

What's your system definition? If it's not MacPro 3,1 maybe try changing to that. I had the same problem as missile did above, my display would sleep just as the boot screen was finishing. Changing to MacPro 3,1 fixed that for now (I want to go and find which system definitions work as I want the Haswell features of the newer definitions.) Your problem is different but a whole range of problems can sometimes be solved by going back to MacPro 3,1

Its set up as an iMac by default with Clover. I cant remember which iMac it is set up as I'm not in front of my computer at this moment. But I never changed it from how Clover set it up.

I use iMac 14,2. Had the display sleep issue when using the iMac 15,1 definition but there is a plist edit that can enable the MacPro6,1 and the iMac15,1 definitions to work fine with 10.10.3 and the newest drivers. The edit is around here somewhere in the forum.

a link to that would be nice, I would like the haswell features too

Is there a way to install drivers and update OS X at the same time? I am using a GTX 980 and it wont boot into mac unless the driver is working.

Is there a way to install drivers and update OS X at the same time? I am using a GTX 980 and it wont boot into mac unless the driver is working.

You need to boot with nv_disable=1 flag. Then update your WebDriver to latest version.
While finish, reboot with nvda_drv=1 flag again, then you may get GTX980 work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back