Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.3 (346.01.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Thanks Guys.... all 3 up and running on 14,2

I saw in the guide there was an issue with the 6,1 profile... probaly what was affecting me but since I'm on Haswell I reckon the 14,2 is the better profile for this build

so you're using the web driver with an imac 14,2 smbios? I wasn't aware this was possible, how are you doing this?

You can use the web driver with any system profile. It checks for MacPro3,1/4,1/5,1 during install but that's it. That check can be bypassed though: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-problems.html

that's good to know. I just got the web driver going with imac 13,2 with my new gtx960 2gb but now my 2nd display isn't being recognized. It shows up with clover menu, shows up in my arch linux install, so I know it's working, as it was also working just earlier regardless. I see people around having the same issue but nobody seems to have resolved it. anyone care to chime in?

edit: I resolved this. For some reason "inject nvidia" got enabled in my clover config. disabling it got the 2nd display going.

To reiterate, NVIDIA now supports Chimera/Chameleon through the menubar and preference pane :thumbup:
for some reason my evga 750 ti isn't booting its sticking at the apple screen some help please or if anyone got it to work can you give me some assistance i will appreciate it a lot thanks.

Installed the latest driver, restarted and it seems to be working fine, with full recognition.

However when I restart my PC again, or shut down for use at a later time, it automatically reverts to the 'OSX default graphics driver."

The only way I know how to solve this issue is to re-select 'nvidia web driver' and reboot again to get everything looking the way it should.

Is there anyway to solve this issue?

Installed the latest driver, restarted and it seems to be working fine, with full recognition.

However when I restart my PC again, or shut down for use at a later time, it automatically reverts to the 'OSX default graphics driver."

The only way I know how to solve this issue is to re-select 'nvidia web driver' and reboot again to get everything looking the way it should.

Is there anyway to solve this issue?

If you are using the boot flag nvda_drv=1 then you are using the drivers and the preference pane is just cosmetic.

If you are using the boot flag nvda_drv=1 then you are using the drivers and the preference pane is just cosmetic.

Thanks for the quick response, I'm a bit of a noob, but as far as I'm aware, would I have to use that specific boot flag every time I switch on my PC?

NVM I found what needs to be done!

That explains a lot, thanks. Basically it answers my unanswered thread from a couple days back.

I guess in a normal scenario (official Macs), setting "Default Drivers" equals to setting the flag off on the hackintosh world, but with a functional settings panel.

So Does that mean OS X works with the GTX 960 GPU and all the good stuff like i can use after effects and permeire also the good old Photoshop with no problems? sorry i am kinda new with Hackintoshing recently i choose to go this rout for my new computer so if there is any help will be nice like it will be nice if someone can tell me how i can boot OS X with out moving the stuff to the EFI or booting with the IGFX with chimera

If you have a extremely close rig as me it will be nice if you can tell me how you got your working and also it will be helpful if you can tell me what did you do in clover for my rig to work you can go check my profile that lists my spec it will be nice if anyone can help out it will be nice :)

Is 960 work fine with 4k video editing in premier?

Is 960 work fine with 4k video editing in premier?

If you wish to edit video at 4K you will need a lot more than a GTX 960. A Titan X, GTX 980ti or dual GTX 970's. Since OS X doesn't recognize SLI youd probably be better of with a single GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back