Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.2 (343.02.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot with -f or -x then open your org.chameleon.boot.plist file and change the option as mentioned below,

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>

Save it. Reboot without any of the flags and check.

Note:- Believing that you had already added the flag "nvda_drv=1" under kernel flags.

Good Luck..!

I only had to turn Kernel cache to NO, GrEnabler was No already.
I can boot without any flags now, but it gives me a black bar on my firefox window.
I already had the nvda flag. (as mentioned at the beginning of this Thread)

what does
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
do?
I do not need internal graphics. Maybe it bothers.
should i set this to NO ?

I think you still have your previous graphics card cached up somewhere, for one boot only try adding -F to the boot flag.

If that fails to force a cache rebuild try deleting any kext files in /System/Library/Extensions that start with ATI, they should be safe to go and once you have done this open a Terminal session from /Applications/Other/Terminal and type sudo touch /S*/L*/E*

Martin

IGPEnabler should no be No - Internal Graphics Adapter, or onboard graphics adapter rather than a discrete card

Martin

I think you still have your previous graphics card cached up somewhere, for one boot only try adding -F to the boot flag.

If that fails to force a cache rebuild try deleting any kext files in /System/Library/Extensions that start with ATI, they should be safe to go and once you have done this open a Terminal session from /Applications/Other/Terminal and type sudo touch /S*/L*/E*

Martin

I couldn`t find any ATI kexts.
I did the terminal command as you told, and now it boots faster.
But I still have this black bar (as seen in the picture)
Other than that seems to run good now.

Attachments

• 2015-03-08 19.05.36.jpg
    2015-03-08 19.05.36.jpg
    550.6 KB · Views: 144
IGPEnabler should no be No - Internal Graphics Adapter, or onboard graphics adapter rather than a discrete card

Martin

Ok.
Switched IGPEnabler to NO

If it's only happening with the firefox window back up your bookmarks and try removing it and then reinstalling it

Happy bug hunting ...!

Martin

If it's only happening with the firefox window back up your bookmarks and try removing it and then reinstalling it

Happy bug hunting ...!

Martin

Hey I can live with that.
But what does Kernel Cache NO actually mean?
Does it come with disadvantages?
Boot time is ok for me though.

My understanding of the Kernel Cache is that it keeps copies of the kexts it uses during boot so the next time it boots up, if there are any changes it will refresh itself, as the Kernel will be up n running before /S*/L*/E* is ready it just speeds up the boot process

Martin

It is ok to boot without kernel cache once, but after it boots ok, you should reenable it, to speed up the booting: since the cache at that point is made on the kext of your WORKING setup, no need to remake it every time.

Usually, as proof, the -f is needed to get a successful boot, but then the computer should work without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back