Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.2 (343.02.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not work. You can install older drivers fine just by editing out hw/sw restrictions in the distribution file of the installer, but the driver itself recognizes the wrong os build again and disables itself. So 2) would not be possible because the nvidia driver option is greyed out in Nvidia Driver Manager. Unless those guys found a way to bypass the software check of the driver somewhere, not working.

In other news, I lost my DisplayPort in 10.10.2 and I strongly advise against upgrading. :/

I actually found the check. It's in info.plist in NVDAStartup.kext. However, even though I made the driver run under 10.10.2, it just crashed and rebooted on startup. So it seems that it's not just an artificial limitation set by Nvidia, but the driver is actually incompatible with the current version of the OS. Your mileage might vary however.

I have installed these drivers on my ASUS X99 Deluxe / Core i7 5930K Hackintosh, with a modified Apple HDA and SSDT.aml file to get the Audio working. My system is experiencing booting failures with two out of every three booting attempts (roughly) failing to reach the login screen. There is an soft audible "click" in the speakers and then my Monitor goes into sleep mode. Has anyone else here experienced this quantum booting phenomenon?

Also I should add that I have two ASUS STRIX GTX 970 Graphics cards drive a single 27" display, and I'm using the Chameleon boot loader. I have tried using Clover, but it does NOT like me - and demonstrates even more severe quantum booting - succeeding only once in twenty attempts.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks.

I have a GTX 760 with the following boot.plist:

Code:
	<key>DropSSDT</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>"1920x1200x32"</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
        <string>01000000</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

My smbios.plist is:

Code:
	<key>SMbiosdate</key>
	<string>03/09/13</string>
	<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
	<string>Apple Inc.</string>
	<key>SMbiosversion</key>
	<key>SMboardproduct</key>
	<key>SMfamily</key>
	<string>iMac</string>
	<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
	<string>Apple Inc.</string>
	<key>SMproductname</key>
	<string>iMac14,2</string>
	<key>SMserial</key>
	<key>SMsystemuuid</key>
	<key>SMsystemversion</key>
	<string>1.0</string>

I have the big issue that the NVidia drivers cause the video card to keep the fan running full speed all the time, while the OS X drivers keep the GPU and GPU memory at full speed.

I tried to uninstall the NVidia drivers, I tried every release available, but still no solution. Under Mavericks I had no issues with the NVidia web driver.

I would like to use the NVidia to save energy and to be able, later on, to install a Dell UP2414Q, the 4K IPS display from Dell that requires however DP 1.2 and NVidia drivers (according to other threads).

Could someone help me?
Thank you very much

Progress on the side of sensor measurements availability in FakeSMC/HWMonitor. The Slice branch of HWsensors has support of the Maxwell chipsets. On my 970 I get temperature and frequency scaling as they should (incorrect frequency values in iStats menu but correct in HWmonitor).

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors3.hwsensors.p/files/?source=navbar

And the extract of my boot log:
16/02/2015 21:43:50,000 kernel[0]: GeForceSensors: GeforceSensors by kozlek (C) 2012
16/02/2015 21:43:50,000 kernel[0]: GeForceSensors: found 13c2 Nvidia chip
16/02/2015 21:43:50,000 kernel[0]: GeForceSensors (0): chipset: GM204 (NV124) bios: 84.04.2f.00
16/02/2015 21:43:50,000 kernel[0]: GeForceSensors (0): started

Also I couldn't boot until I removed the NVClockX.kext which I set as part of the installation. For now I have ACPIMonitor.kext, FakeSMC.kext, GeforceSensor.kext (checked the new nvidia card bow in the install), HWinfo.kext, IntelCPUMonitor.kext, ITEIT87x.kext.

Hey so I have the MSI Z97 Gaming 7 board. I also have GTX strix 960. I did multi beast and some things from the MSI TUT were not in there like Intel 9 board stuff and then I installed nvidia Web drivers and Cuda. Now I get a kernel panic. I can't figure out why. It may be becuase I didn't put nvda_drv=1 in org.chameleon.Boot.plist but I have to head to bed to get up for work. So just wondering on a fresh set of eyes on this. Drop box link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uc474y3ryjlm17x/20150216_222816.jpg?dl=0

EDIT: I got that nvda_drv=1 in there some how. I just rebooted and it booted with OSX driver, had the 7mb thing and switch it to Nvidia Web Drivers and checked my plist and it was there no more problems accept I dont know if my fans are ever spinning. I play LOL and it hasnt shown any sign of kicking on. Maybe I havent reached threshold for them to turn on or they just don't work. any one have any more clarification? I got the fans to spin after playing for a few hours. it seems the Fans will spin on there own when needed on the Asus GTX 960 Strix Now I just need HWmonitor to see it and give me the temps

I have a GTX 760 with the following boot.plist:

I have the big issue that the NVidia drivers cause the video card to keep the fan running full speed all the time, while the OS X drivers keep the GPU and GPU memory at full speed.

I tried to uninstall the NVidia drivers, I tried every release available, but still no solution. Under Mavericks I had no issues with the NVidia web driver.

I had the same problem! I use Ozmosis which has an old version of FakeSMC.kext built into the bios. Installing the newest FakeSMC from Multibeast into /S/L/E fixed my fan-problem with the GTX 760. So you might check, if your FakeSMC incl. HW-Sensor-kexts is up to date...

Here's the info page for 343.02.02F02
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/82983/en-us

Try to install with your present configuration. However, if it won't install "on this system,"
you'll need to change your System Definition to Mac Pro 3,1 to use this installer as per the above page notes. You can change back to the SysDef you had before with MultiBeast my just selection the SysDef option:
To install: Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1 then reboot and install the driver, and
To Change Back: Customize > System Definitions > (select your previous SysDef) then reboot.

Update: The nVidia System Preference pane once again froze Hector while installing the updated Wed Driver. I recommend downloading the driver from the nVidia site using the link above. Then, after the install and reboot, repair permissions.

You'll need to change your System Definition to Mac Pro 3,1 to use this installer as per the above page notes. You can change back to the SysDef you had before with MultiBeast my just selection the SysDef option

Is this just a process for Chimera users? I've been on clover since the drivers that worked for 10.10.1 (with working HDMI audio), and I never changed my system definitions from 14,1. The previous update for 10.10.2 went fine.

Is this just a process for Chimera users? I've been on clover since the drivers that worked for 10.10.1 (with working HDMI audio), and I never changed my system definitions from 14,1. The previous update for 10.10.2 went fine.
Since I do not use Clover and you've never had a problem, then one can draw the conclusion that my procedure is for non Clover users. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back