Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.2 (343.02.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated from 10.10.1 to 10.10.2. After update I booted with "nv_disable=1", then updated the nvidia drivers for my GTX 980. After that I could boot normal.

Had to install the ALC1150 kext again, as the sound was no longer working after the update.

Everything now works as it should again. :thumbup:

No, but the original creator of the HDMIAudio.kext is aware and plans on releasing a new version soon.
Damn. I'm not using that kext because it doesn't detect my mic correctly. I had to perform the extremely tedious Toleda modifications, which did work, and took a massive 30 hours to get it working. Is there a way to do this without that hypothetical new kext?

Is there a difference between these Nvidia drivers you mention in this post and the CUDA drivers I update through System Preferences? If so, can you explain the difference?

Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 8.59.32 PM.png

@Mercy2013 do you boot with the hd4600, changing the bios setting in order to have the IGP first? Install the Nvidia new drivers and then back to PCIe in the bios?

No, I just removed the string "nvda_drv=1" from Kernel Flags in org.chameleon.Boot.plist and installed the update. On reboot I just booted with "nv_disable=1", Otherwise I could not reach the desktop.

Then I updated the nvidia drivers and added the string "nvda_drv=1" to org.chameleon.Boot.plist again, then rebooted like normal.

No settings in BIOS needs to be changed.

A let me get this straight if I got a gtx 750ti and installed these drivers it would work?

A let me get this straight if I got a gtx 750ti and installed these drivers it would work?

That's the theory.

I haven't had any success yet. I use Clover Configurator to edit the config.plist and each time my EFI partition gets messed up. Meaning I can't boot and have to start from scratch with clean OS X and Clover installs.

However, after reading some posts in this thread, the problem might be that I need to install the card before I install the driver. I will try this tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back