Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.2 (343.02.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot with "nv_disable=1" option, after 10.10.2 update should solve the problem I guess.
Will try my method with my GTX 970 once I'll have time to piddle around with updates :)

Done. 10.10.2 working with a GTX 970.
However CUDA is broken... (just FYI, I do not really need CUDA).

cu,
kochi

for now.. i will wait for some susses confirmation before upgrade .

These drivers render my previously non-bootable Asus 750Ti OC - bootable, except only using VGA out. With VGA, it works 100% using either GraphicsEnabler=Yes, or GraphicsEnabler=No.

However, neither DVI output on this card (it has two) gives output on the desktop. It goes black right when the desktop would come up, using either GraphicsEnabler setting. I can tell that the system is fully booting though.

Full GTX 960 Support?

These drivers render my previously non-bootable Asus 750Ti OC - bootable, except only using VGA out.
VBIOS problem, no driver can fix it. Only OS X working Asus 750Ti is STRIX version.

Works on my 970 GTX, but I still have problem booting with both displays connected (2x DVI or DVI+HDMI or DVI+DP, some problem).

Connecting the second monitor after boot works great!

I have an Asus 970 Strix

Do you guys use any type of adapter on the cables?

On my evga 980 GTX I had problem with my second monitor.
The resolution was wrong and I had no option to change it. At that time I was using DisplayPort (graphic card)->adapter to DVI-> DVI (monitor).
I bought a DisplayPort->DisplayPort cable (I was lucky that my monitor also have that kind of input) and everything is working perfect since then.

Maybe there is no connection with your issue but I think worth mention it.

Do you guys use any type of adapter on the cables?

On my evga 980 GTX I had problem with my second monitor.
The resolution was wrong and I had no option to change it. At that time I was using DisplayPort (graphic card)->adapter to DVI-> DVI (monitor).
I bought a DisplayPort->DisplayPort cable (I was lucky that my monitor also have that kind of input) and everything is working perfect since then.

Maybe there is no connection with your issue but I think worth mention it.

Tested with a DP->HDMI converter with no luck :(

But thx anyway!

So I have a question regarding

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>

I just put together a new hack with a GTX970 and did the original install with the HD4600.
In order to get my GTX970 working I went with the following procedure.

Booted off of the HD4600, installed the web drivers, rebooted to HD4600, used the Nvidia control panel to select the web drivers, rebooted and changed my BIOS to use PCIE instead of the integrated GPU, shut down and installed the GTX970, moved my monitor cables from the integrated to the GTX970 and booted into OSX just fine.

At no point in time did I have to edit in the line of code above. Did I do something wrong? Or is that something I would need to do going forward when I update to 10.10.2 and install the new drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back