Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.2 (343.02.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just recently installed 10.10.2 on a new build. I bought an EVGA GTX 960 for it, but it's physically removed from the computer right now and I'm running IGPU because the Yosemite installer wouldn't boot otherwise. I downloaded the latest NVIDIA web driver for 10.10.2, but when I try to run the installer, a pop-up says "This is not compatible with your system. This driver requires 10.10.2." I clicked on "About this Mac..." to verify and I do indeed have 10.10.2 installed. Has anyone else seen this?

My specs:
Mac Pro 3,1
Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
Intel i5-4690
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2x8GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Reading through this post by Stork, it seems to have to do with your system definition. I have the same mobo and I followed probably the same user guide you did, which has you set it to iMac. Check out the rest for more, I'm going through the process now, but was able to bypass that problem by adjusting this.

:ch:Customize -> System Definition -> Mac Pro -> Mac Pro 3,1 (MP3,1)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-750-ti-2gb-graphics-card-20.html#post1001096

I recently got my EVGA 750se up and running with the latest web drivers, but I can't figure out how to get the fan to spin down when idle. Since I've got it working it's been full speed. Any way to control the fan speed either manually or have it tied a temperature sensor?

Please help
I have GTX770 and and I am losing HDMI audio out after using nvidia driver, and when back to OS X driver the GPU not detected.
I am on 10.0.2.

The web drivers break HDMI audio. There has not been a fix for it yet. The dev for the HDMIAudio.kext said he was working on a fix but he hasn't been heard from in a few months.

I am in the same boat using the GTX 970 I can't use the driver because that very reason.

It works fine with 10.10.2 (Unibeast, MP 3,1) for me. I changed the OSX build number, installed the "web" drivers + kernel flags.

Shut down, switch from GT 740 to GTX 750 Ti, power up : everything's ok.

note: os wouldn't even reach login prompt with the GTX 750 Ti and default OSX drivers, apparently you HAVE to have a supported card to install the proper drivers first.

I also tested an old GT 210, it works with the correct maximum resolution on DVI, but with some video artefacts. Hope this can be useful.

IMG_0218.JPGIMG_0219.JPGIMG_0220.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back