Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.1 (343.01.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Any idea if the new NVIDIA GTX 960 is/will be supported? My guess is they would but I'm considering running a pair of them SLI but would love to know if they would indeed work. They've already shown up for sale so my hope is yes.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/198105-nvidias-gtx-960-maximum-mileage-from-miniature-maxwell

I can't confirm or deny that the drivers work with the 960's, although my guess is no. They will probably be supported in the future. SLI is not supported in OS X. So unless you're planning on dual booting, there's almost no point for that second 960.

It's always best to purchase one of the highest card you can. Especially for gaming. Save yourself the trouble and money and get a GTX 970. The 970 I have plays any game maxed out at 1080p. 60FPS or higher no problem.

Here's a very good video demonstrating why SLI isn't as good as it seems. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnS0xWtoRzk Just make sure you pay attention as to what's being said.

I've installed these on my Hack GTX 750Ti and card is loaded and connected via DVI/HDMI but very slow and stuttery performance. Yosemite and boot loader both reporting card fine though. Is there something I need to do additionally? Any known fixes? System is in profile. Thank you.

I can't confirm or deny that the drivers work with the 960's, although my guess is no. They will probably be supported in the future. SLI is not supported in OS X. So unless you're planning on dual booting, there's almost no point for that second 960.

It's always best to purchase one of the highest card you can. Especially for gaming. Save yourself the trouble and money and get a GTX 970. The 970 I have plays any game maxed out at 1080p. 60FPS or higher no problem.

Here's a very good video demonstrating why SLI isn't as good as it seems. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnS0xWtoRzk Just make sure you pay attention as to what's being said.

Thanks for the heads up! Didn't even realize SLI wasn't supported. That would have been a rude awakening.

I have run into a small problem.

I built my system (first Hack )yesterday using Clover.
Link to components: Looking for Advice

I could not get the 750Ti to work. Did some digging and found the nVidia Webdrivers. And here is the problem. My clean install was OS X 10.10.0. The webdrivers require 10.10.1. So I update via Apple App Store. The installer updates to 10.10.2, which was just released. The webdrivers will not install on 10.10.2.

Any suggestions on how to get the correct drivers for my NVidia GTX 750 Ti loaded onto my system?

Edit:
I see where the web drivers were updated yesterday for 10.10.2. However, I am not able to bypass the hardware check. Any suggestions?

Yesterday I bought a Palit GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB KalmX.

1. Booted up using internal HD4000
2. Installed Nvidia Driver
3. Added
<string>nvda_drv=1</string> to org.chameleon.Boot.plist
4. Reboot

Booted up to this! Dead silent 750ti card in already silent Hackintosh Mac Pro

hackintosh-750ti.png

Hey everyone, I recently built a hackintosh for a friend, using a GA Z97X-UD7 TH and an EVGA GTX 970 card. The system is running 10.10.1. Frequent freezes. No wheel of death:beachball:. No idea how to fix it yet.
The problem I am facing right now and that is very important right now is the random graphic glitches that happen. Pictures open cut up and distorted like shown in the images. Also while working on final cut pro the memory ran out completely and the hackintosh had to be restarted (no idea if this is even relevant).

I've done the install of the drivers as recommended in this thread and everything worked well up to the point a random image showed up all distorted.. and then another..

Any luck on a solution for this? I'm seeing the same thing every once in a while. Torn/distorted images randomly on the web. Is this a GPU issue, something with my plist, or another thing?

Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 12.51.13 PM.jpg

If I were to have a fully running system on Yosemite, would upgrading a gtx 460 to a 970 be as easy as plugging in the new card? Or would additional drivers and configuring be needed?

I just used this guide to (successfully) upgrade from a Gigabyte GTX 760 to a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming. Here is the process I used.

Part 1-

I started with a successful install of Yosemite using MultiBeast and Chimera as the boot loader. If you're interested I can describe my process and settings upon request. My system specs are under my username.

Part 2-

1) The next step was downloading the unlocked Nvidia driver from mediafire, as seen on the second page of this thread. It was provided by the user "cccip." After downloading the files, I shut down my computer.

2) I installed the new GTX 970 card and restarted, using the bootflag "nv_disable=1" when given the option to in my bootloader. Without this, the startup bar froze halfway through loading into OS X, so this is a necessary step.

3) When I got into the Desktop, I opened the pre downloaded Nvidia Driver files and installed them. I also installed the graphics driver update that popped up after I had finished the installation. Rebooted, using the same bootflag "nv_disable=1" to get in.

4) I then went to Finder>Macintosh HD>Extra>org.chameleon.Boot.plist and opened it with TextEdit. This is the same process described in the OP. I added the line
Code:
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>
under the line
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
I already had a few other lines under the Kernel Flags line, but I simply added the nvda_drv=1 on its own line beneath it. The final product looks like this:
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>   
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>

Again, this can be seen in the OP.

5) I then saved this, crossed every finger I have, and rebooted. Annnnndddd viola! It booted right up on the first try, most certainly the easiest and fastest thing I have done while hackintoshing!:D Very pleased.

The GTX 970 is working very well, and even the CUDA functionality was not compromised by the installation process. The card is also recognized by the System Profiler and the NVIDIA driver manager.

As a side note, I had some trouble installing the GTX 760 when I first put together the machine. I ended up having to turn off the integrated graphics (HD 4600) in my CPU to force the system to use the graphics card instead. For some reason it kept defaulting back to the integrated graphics. This could probably be an issue with installing an unsupported card, so I would suggest turning off your CPU's graphics in the BIOS before starting to install a GTX 970, 980, 750ti, etc, or any GPU for that matter.

Happy hackintoshing! :headbang:

EDIT: After some issues with booting up with the newest driver, I uninstalled everything and started from scratch. Instead of doing the update after having first installed the original driver, I clicked the box that said "Do not remind me again about this update" when the box popped up. I have lost 2 fps when testing with cinebencz, but not having this newest driver had made the computer much more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back