Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.1 (343.01.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you get it working on the 760? When i have installed the nvidia web drivers on my 760 my yosemite wont load after boot

I didn't need to install those Nvidia web drivers, I believe that the 760 is natively supported via Yosemite. I just used GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the MultiBeast install, and it worked. I did have too turn off the integrated graphics though, as it kept defaulting back to them rather than the card.

I didn't need to install those Nvidia web drivers, I believe that the 760 is natively supported via Yosemite. I just used GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the MultiBeast install, and it worked. I did have too turn off the integrated graphics though, as it kept defaulting back to them rather than the card.
i didn't use that flag, can i add it after install?

You guys should stick to 7xx series until Apple included the drivers natively to Yosemite. You're just asking for trouble as Nvidia is known to have bad driver releases. They don't care because they don't support hackintosh builds.

Right now GTX 770 are dirt cheap and performs great, there are no games that it can't run. If you need better rendering power get a AMD 280X those things run circles around any Nvidia cards in OpenGL and OpenCL apps.

Arent the AMD graphic card a pain in the butt to setup as a hackintosh ?

Ya. Good rule of thumb is stay away from all AMD products when wanting a STABLE hackintosh. Definitely avoid the CPU or you have no hackintosh whatsoever, and hell avoid the GPU too; sure it may outperform in Windows... but AMD/ATI cards are known for their ****-poor compatibility in both Linux and OSX. Not talking about every single model out there, but much better going with an nvidia regardless for our purposes.

FYI.

The new security update breaks NVidia drivers. Please stay alert to updates soon.

If I currently have an Radeon card and will be moving to the NVIDIA GTX 960, should i handle that differently than simply installing the NVIDIA drivers and then shutting down and physically replacing the video card?

If I currently have an Radeon card and will be moving to the NVIDIA GTX 960, should i handle that differently than simply installing the NVIDIA drivers and then shutting down and physically replacing the video card?

You will need to modify the driver install package because it checks for the card to be installed. You will also need to add the boot flag nvda_drv=1. Instructions to modify the package here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-problems.html

If it checks for the card to be installed, how can I even get to that point to install it when it wont boot with the card in the system even if I have my radeon card set as the primary (i have dual x16 slots).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back