Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 an

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting...I have the same GPU and "almost" same MB and CPU and install was fine...

Huh, that's odd. From reading through this thread I've noticed that for whatever reason my particular ASUS 970 seems to be more finicky than other ASUS 970s. I had so many issues previously that I did a complete wipe and reinstall a couple week ago and ran with the integrated CPU graphics for a week to confirm stability before dropping in the 970. Things had been reasonably good with the 970 and 10.10.1 but I was still having a few graphics crashes here and there so I'd hoped the newest driver version would make things better for me rather than worse.

My concerns were that I had a bad card but I dual boot and haven't had any issues with this card in Windows so I don't think it's a hardware problem.

If I'm doing something wrong I'll take any hints!

Last edited:
Yes, I'm stuck on the OSX Default driver Tim, using the same flags as yourself , although different Graphics Card.

343.02.01f01 update seemed to install fine for me, thankfully. I updated CUDA to 6.5.33 first. I still get the CUDA update popup every time at boot, though.

::EDIT:: I spoke too soon. The background turns black and white every time I play videos in VLC or youtube.

::EDIT 2:: Something was up with my monitor. I reset to default settings and everything is appearing normal for now.

Tim, lesmacs I have the same problem, and using clover and same flags.

On the nvidia driver manager, if I click on « OS X default driver » the restart button works, but if I click on Nvidia web driver, the restart button is grey.

yupp, I get that behavior where the restart button is greyed out on the nvidia driver, but when I click on osx default, I get prompted with a message to restart and a clickable button. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around where the disconnect is. The only thing I can think of to solve this is some sort of change to a kext, smbios, or dsdt. I'm still pretty new to hackintoshes, so a lot of this is a little bit above my understanding at the moment. Did you choose to use clover because the installer wouldn't complete with unibeast?

Maybe I have found the solution of this "problem" :

I found that here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/353-nvidi...-8-3-graphics-drivers/comments5.html#comments

Please use:
<string>darkwake=0 nvda_drv=1 </string>,
in other words, you need to insert it to the "Kernel Flags" and not as Key, then reboot your machine.
Now the New Drivers are set as Default OS X Driver and you are running on them, just check in CUDA App.
Remember: Drivers needs NOT to be set as "nVidia Web Driver", The new nVidia Web drivers runs already as "OS X Default Driver". Why? because we set them to be as Driver 1 in the Kernel Flags. And if you want to switch between the Default and the Web Drivers, you CAN'T, your system runs now always with nVidia Web Drivers as default.

So it seems that it's just a cosmetic problem. I open the terminal and write "kextstat" and I can see that nvidia web drivers are running.

Maybe I have found the solution of this "problem" :

I found that here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/353-nvidi...-8-3-graphics-drivers/comments5.html#comments

Please use:
<string>darkwake=0 nvda_drv=1 </string>,
in other words, you need to insert it to the "Kernel Flags" and not as Key, then reboot your machine.
Now the New Drivers are set as Default OS X Driver and you are running on them, just check in CUDA App.
Remember: Drivers needs NOT to be set as "nVidia Web Driver", The new nVidia Web drivers runs already as "OS X Default Driver". Why? because we set them to be as Driver 1 in the Kernel Flags. And if you want to switch between the Default and the Web Drivers, you CAN'T, your system runs now always with nVidia Web Drivers as default.

So it seems that it's just a cosmetic problem. I open the terminal and write "kextstat" and I can see that nvidia web drivers are running.

Thanks for the info! I'll have to check this out when I get back home on the 5th.

Here's the fix for CUDA

The "Update Required" can be eliminated under Cuda 6.5.33 / 10.1.43 (343.02.01f01) - running on a Mac3,1/GTX660Ti - by editing your info.plist file inside

>Library>Frameworks>CUDA.Framework>Versions>A>Resources>info.plist (open with TextEdit)

by adding at the end (befor the first </dict> tag)

<key>343.02.01</key>
<string>343.02.01</string>

Than SAVE and Restart your system.

double check if CUDA is running via TERMINAL:
kextstat | grep -i cuda

"Update Required" eliminated.

This should work for all who have the latest (343.02.01) drivers and CUDA (6.5.33) regardless of GPU.

Some asked via pm and I can't answer them, so I'll post a reply here.

Kaneda13 said:
i just got my Yose up and running last night with my 660ti, and i was wondering ifyou had any issues loading the new drivers. I was hesitant to load them last night since i just got it up and working. After upgrading, did you notice an gains/bugs? i'm mainly a WOW gamer, so i'm hoping for a little bump in FPS with the updated drivers.

I had no problems with the new drivers, apart from this CUDA bug.
I can't say anything about performance because I didn't do any tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back