Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 an

Status
Not open for further replies.
any ideas how to stop screen tearing?

Mobo: MSI z97i gaming ac
CPU: i7-4790k
GPU: EVGA GTX980sc

I managed to install Yosemite 10.10.1! I only have one problem. I always have to boot two times. When I boot the system the first time I get a black screen. Then I press the reset button on my pc and booting up Yosi again works.

GTX 970 - GPU
MSI H97 PC Mate - Motherboard
Intel Xeon e3-1231 v3 - CPU

Installed webdriver, and it works in 10.10.1 !!

But still I get problems playing some quicktimes and finalcut crash on playback

I just got a Popup, notifying me of a Version 343.02.01f01 (I was running 343.01.02f03). This Driver is seemingly not yet available on the website. This caused a black screen on every boot. I had to revert back to the old version (use nv_disable=1) to get my system running again. I advise against upgrading, until more users confirm that this is just an issue with my system or my card specifically.

I just got a Popup, notifying me of a Version 343.02.01f01 (I was running 343.01.02f03). This Driver is seemingly not yet available on the website. This caused a black screen on every boot. I had to revert back to the old version (use nv_disable=1) to get my system running again. I advise against upgrading, until more users confirm that this is just an issue with my system or my card specifically.

Install went fine for me but now I'm getting the CUDA needs update popup again on every boot...

yeah... It resulted in me losing HDMI audio

Install went fine for me but now I'm getting the CUDA needs update popup again on every boot...

Same here. I first updated the graphics driver to 343.02.01f01 when it prompted me to. Then I updated CUDA to version 6.5.32 that I downloaded from Nvidia's website; after rebooting it popped up telling me there was a newer version 6.5.33 available, so I let it install that, and now I'm still getting the CUDA "Update Required" popup every boot. This is maddening!

I had the exact same issue with my ASUS GTX 970. I'd recommend skipping this version!

Update worked for me. CUDA pops up everytime.

I had the exact same issue with my ASUS GTX 970. I'd recommend skipping this version!

Interesting...I have the same GPU and "almost" same MB and CPU and install was fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back