Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 an

Status
Not open for further replies.
NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01f01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 and 980 Support

Hi,

Is ASUS GTX 750 TI Card is compatible with hackintosh ?
I dont think mine is a maxwell...

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01f01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 and 980 Support

Hi,

Is ASUS GTX 750 TI Card is compatible with hackintosh ?
I dont think mine is a maxwell...

It is maxwell and it will work with yosemite but with the nvidia drivers and only on VGA i think

I seem to have run into a situation with the 970- here is a brief backstory of how I got into it:

I used unibeast/multibeast/chameleon and managed to boot perfectly with the 970, had all ports working, card was displayed in "about this mac" and showed up in system report, good benchmarks, etc.:thumbup:

I just switched from chameleon to Clover in hopes of fixing iMessage and Appstore, as well as learning a bit more about clover since I've heard its a more in-depth boot loader (maybe this is a bad thing for a noob like me...) I was able to boot into clover just fine.

NOW back to the 970... The card still works well as far as benchmarks go, actually I have a 1fps increase in cinebench (go figure lol), BUT :banghead: the HDMI port no longer sends signal AND it doesn't display in "about this mac" - when i go into system report and look under Graphics/Displays it says:

Chipset Model: Unknown
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 0 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x13c2
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 84.04.1F.00.70

I basically just want the card to show up and be recognized along side it working.

Below is what I think may be relevant parts of my build, and below that is my config.plist... I'm hoping I just made a simple check box mistake in the clover configurator, but I'm going to post here in hopes someone with more experience can spot the error before I go tinkering on my own. Infinite thanks for any help :thumbup:

BUILD
CPU: i7-4790k
MB: GA-Z97X-GAMING-GT
MEMORY: 32g HyperX Savage 1866
STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 850 PRO

CONFIG.PLIST
View attachment config.plist

If you are being so kind as to take the time to help me and you need more information just let me know and I'll share it as soon as I can (chemistry lab coming up so I'll be gone for the next 3 hours:thumbdown:)

Edit: It appears I'm not getting any sound from front ports either... maybe I shouldn't have messed with clover :confused:

hi,

Yosemite works well withGTX970.
But, CUDA IS BROCKEN!!!

So, davinch resolve(CUDA)and Premiere Pro(CUDA) not work well.

caution for Videograpfers.

Hi! I am having no luck here. I have a 10.10 Clover install, I'm upgrading to a GTX 970 from an AMD 6870. I booted in successfully using `nv_disable=1`, installed the drivers and rebooted again. I then used `nv_disable=1` again to boot in and ensure that the Nvidia Web Drivers were selected in the preferences and added `nvda_drv=1` to the boot flags. When I attempt to boot I will either get a hard reset or a black screen (my monitor says the signal is lost but the system doesn't reboot). In verbose mode the last thing I see before it dies is "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out"

I'm still able to boot in using `nv_disable=1` but if I take that off it blows up.

Some other notes:
- I haven't used my integrated graphics for anything (don't need to) and I've turned it off in the bios.
- GA-z68x-ud3h-b3 motherboard.
- The only kexts I have in `EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10` are FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement and RealtekRTL81xx.
- My build is otherwise completely solid, I work on it all day.
- I have tried both the f01 and f03 drivers. I'm currently on the f01 since a few seem to have had issues there. I've tried reinstalling drivers a couple times.

I've included my config.plist. It's more or less the one from the Clover install guide here.

Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 134
[SUP]Can confirm this fixed random freezes after successful boot on desktop. Desktop would freeze, no mouse etc.
Loaded 10.10.1 and the latest Web NVidia driver for that release.

No more freezes, it also seems to boot and shutdown more stable also.
[/SUP]:)

Guys, I managed to get my GTX 750 Ti running using the MacPro3,1 system definition, but I tried changing it to Macmini6,2 (legend has it you can get 4K @ 60Hz with this system definition) and I get a black screen. Is there any reason why everything works with one system definition but not the other? Is there something I can do to make it work?

Guys, I managed to get my GTX 750 Ti running using the MacPro3,1 system definition, but I tried changing it to Macmini6,2 (legend has it you can get 4K @ 60Hz with this system definition) and I get a black screen. Is there any reason why everything works with one system definition but not the other? Is there something I can do to make it work?

are you using HDMI???
and which 750 ti do you have??

[SUP]Can confirm this fixed random freezes after successful boot on desktop. Desktop would freeze, no mouse etc.
Loaded 10.10.1 and the latest Web NVidia driver for that release.

No more freezes, it also seems to boot and shutdown more stable also.
[/SUP]:)

I'm in the same boat: upgrading to 10.10.1 and getting the latest driver version helped my system stability immensely.

Things had gotten so bad with 10.10.0 and the previous driver versions that I was getting graphics driver error messages every few minutes and eventually my system wouldn't even boot. I reinstalled 10.10.0 on top of my existing system, updated to 10.10.1, latest driver version and now everything is great! Performance is reasonably smooth in the UI, laggy video playback is resolved, and the phantom third display that appeared out of nowhere was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back