Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 an

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I did :

1. Clean install of Yosemite with Clover, without the video card.
2. Add nv_disable=1 in boot args
3. Connect the card
4. Reboot
4. Install the latest NVIDIA Web Drivers
5. Remove nv_disable=1, add nvda_drv=1
6. Reboot, but don't connect your screen to the video card yet.
7. Go into the bios and disable IGFX, select PCIe 1st slot as the first selection. This will enable the bios to be displayed on your main screen connected to the video card. Now you can connect your screen to the video card.
8. Boot into OSX, this will now be even faster than before :)

Worked like a charm for me thanks!!! :D
Only one thing I don't understand: when I boot into Yosemite using nvidia GTX 970 I don't have any issue or lag and everything seems ok (after I installed nvidia web drivers) BUT in System Preferences (or click on the up-right corner icon of Graphic Drivers) the drivers that are selected are "OS X Default Graphic Driver" instead of "NVIDIA Web Driver" WHY?!?! is it normal?

Anyone running dual monitors with GTX 970 successfully?

I have an msi gtx 750ti oc version.I Installed these drivers and rebooted.I have used the following boot flags:
GraphicsEnabler=No nvda_dr
And I am Getting This
s IMG_20160821_151927.jpg
IMG_20160821_150733.jpg
I Have Also tried to put GraphicsEnabler=Yes It Detects The Video Card But Still Shows This
My Specs Are:-
Asus A58M-K
Amd Kaveri A8-7600
Corsair Vengence 2x4
Msi Gtx 750 Ti

Alright so, I'm a fresh new hackintosh user and I try my best to follow the forums for my list of parts, but it's very overwhelming. First, my specs are Mobo:Gigabyte Z97x-sli
Processor: Intel 4790S
Graphics: Asus Geforce GTX 750 (not the "ti")
Last night when i did my first install I decided to go with Sierra. After I got it running to the desktop I wanted to smooth out all the bugs. The main bug I am having an encounter with is the ability to use my graphics card. I tried everything from watching youtube videos to scouring this site on every thread. No luck. I decided to downgrade to El Capitan and see if that would help me with anything. Still encountering the same issues.

So here is the description of my issue and if anyone would be willing to help I would greatly appreciate that!
OSX boots up just fine and uses the mobo graphics and everything works properly. From there I decided to try and get it to run off the graphics card. I did this multiple ways, as I reinstalled a fresh copy of OSX almost every time I couldn't get it to work. The first time I just tried doing the "inject nvidia" through the Multibeast application. That did nothing, but tell me what kind of card I had in my computer. 2. The second way I downloaded the web drivers for the card and installed them. After my computer restarted and booted off the ssd it would just show a blank screen like nothing was connected to the monitor. (BTW I am using an HDMI cable because I am connected to a TV as my monitor). To fix this issue I would have to type into the boot args "nv_disable=1" to just get the computer to boot. The "nvda=1" line of code or however it goes was also written in there. It is written in there every time. So after I get back to the desktop screen and go to "about mac" I can see what graphics card I have and it says "0mb" of it is in use. I read on a forum somewhere that to fix this I would have to go into the boot loader, like when I'm restarting the computer and go to inject graphics and put a "+" for nvidia. It was already there though.

I am a Novice at all the programming, and changing the code like the kexts and using clover and all that. It's confusing to me and I'm trying to learn. If there is anyone that would be willing to help me solve this issue, and help me gain full access to my graphics card I would greatly appreciate that! I'm hoping that this will fix my other issue with audio as I'm using an HDMI cable and used the Altec 1150 in the multibeast set up. Thanks again!

Alright so, I'm a fresh new hackintosh user and I try my best to follow the forums for my list of parts, but it's very overwhelming. First, my specs are Mobo:Gigabyte Z97x-sli
Processor: Intel 4790S
Graphics: Asus Geforce GTX 750 (not the "ti")
Last night when i did my first install I decided to go with Sierra. After I got it running to the desktop I wanted to smooth out all the bugs. The main bug I am having an encounter with is the ability to use my graphics card. I tried everything from watching youtube videos to scouring this site on every thread. No luck. I decided to downgrade to El Capitan and see if that would help me with anything. Still encountering the same issues.

So here is the description of my issue and if anyone would be willing to help I would greatly appreciate that!
OSX boots up just fine and uses the mobo graphics and everything works properly. From there I decided to try and get it to run off the graphics card. I did this multiple ways, as I reinstalled a fresh copy of OSX almost every time I couldn't get it to work. The first time I just tried doing the "inject nvidia" through the Multibeast application. That did nothing, but tell me what kind of card I had in my computer. 2. The second way I downloaded the web drivers for the card and installed them. After my computer restarted and booted off the ssd it would just show a blank screen like nothing was connected to the monitor. (BTW I am using an HDMI cable because I am connected to a TV as my monitor). To fix this issue I would have to type into the boot args "nv_disable=1" to just get the computer to boot. The "nvda=1" line of code or however it goes was also written in there. It is written in there every time. So after I get back to the desktop screen and go to "about mac" I can see what graphics card I have and it says "0mb" of it is in use. I read on a forum somewhere that to fix this I would have to go into the boot loader, like when I'm restarting the computer and go to inject graphics and put a "+" for nvidia. It was already there though.

I am a Novice at all the programming, and changing the code like the kexts and using clover and all that. It's confusing to me and I'm trying to learn. If there is anyone that would be willing to help me solve this issue, and help me gain full access to my graphics card I would greatly appreciate that! I'm hoping that this will fix my other issue with audio as I'm using an HDMI cable and used the Altec 1150 in the multibeast set up. Thanks again!

You will have to flash your GPU with a different vbios. Asus GTX 750/750ti cards do not work with HDMI in OS X without doing that. There is no other way besides getting a different brand GPU.

PS: next time create your own thread rather than posting in an unrelated thread that has been dead for 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back