Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 an

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been having two problems with the web driver.

1: OSX Default Graphics Driver is being loaded on startup. I read that it is ok and the NVIDIA Web Driver is actually what is being loaded (because of nvda_drv=1) though I get constant OpenCL crashes in Photoshop unless I select NVIDIA Web Driver in the NVIDIA Driver Manager. Has anyone found a solve for this? Could it be caused by something else?

2: Every few restarts I get a "OsxAptioFixDrv error : requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block" This seems to be related to the NVIDIA Web Driver as the only thing that fixes it is to remove the driver and then reinstall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have no clue on #1, sorry. But you can solve #2 by using the alternate OSAptioFixDrv_2 in Clover instead of the one you're using. Just rerun Clover setup and select the other driver (and unselect the one you're currently using). The Clover installer is smart enough to remove the old one (but I would double-check just to be safe).

I have no clue on #1, sorry. But you can solve #2 by using the alternate OSAptioFixDrv_2 in Clover instead of the one you're using. Just rerun Clover setup and select the other driver (and unselect the one you're currently using). The Clover installer is smart enough to remove the old one (but I would double-check just to be safe).

Thanks. I just tried the OsxAptioFix2Drv that is built into clover r3113, confirmed the OsxAptioFixDrv had been removed, and it wouldn't boot. I received the same "OsxAptioFixDrv error : requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block" error.

Edit: It actually looks a little different.

"OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for boot.efi
root device uuid is
Error allocating 0x1234c pages at
couldn't allocate runtime area"

Edit 2:
1: OSX Default Graphics Driver is being loaded on startup. I read that it is ok and the NVIDIA Web Driver is actually what is being loaded (because of nvda_drv=1) though I get constant OpenCL crashes in Photoshop unless I select NVIDIA Web Driver in the NVIDIA Driver Manager. Has anyone found a solve for this? Could it be caused by something else?

Still getting OpenCL crashes in Photoshop with either driver selected.

Thanks. I just tried the OsxAptioFix2Drv that is built into clover r3113, confirmed the OsxAptioFixDrv had been removed, and it wouldn't boot. I received the same "OsxAptioFixDrv error : requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block" error.

Edit: It actually looks a little different.

"OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for boot.efi
root device uuid is
Error allocating 0x1234c pages at
couldn't allocate runtime area"

Strange - replacing OsxAptioFixDrv with OsxAptioFix2Drv fixed the "requested memory exceeds..." panics for me. Of course I was doing this with a Z68 and then an H97 motherboard, not an X99. And I never did get Clover configured properly, gave up and went back to Chimera.

Hi guys, i am newbie and this is my second hackintosh.
Yosemite mulibeast clean.
But i have problems to install my new graphics card. I read anterior post and tried the method http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...1-01-maxwell-geforce-gtx-970-980-support.html
after reboot the machine doesn't work. Can anyone help?
DSC_0122.jpg

I'm having this same problems too!! :banghead: Random Crashes to login screen with the graphic card error. I have a Zotac GTX 980, sabertooth Z97 Mark 1, i7 4790k.

Nvidia Web Driver: 343.01.02f03
Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

@fhater and @bengiefons

By any chance are you using a VGA monitor in your setup? I have a GTX 970 with two monitors (DVI and DVI to VGA) and experience similar problems. I'm running Clover on my setup.

In my case, unplugging the VGA monitor will boot to OS X fine without endless restarts. The only way I can boot to OS X with VGA plugged in is if I boot into Windows 8 then restart to computer to OS X. If I restart while in OS X and back to OS X, it won't boot.

@fhater and @bengiefons

By any chance are you using a VGA monitor in your setup? I have a GTX 970 with two monitors (DVI and DVI to VGA) and experience similar problems. I'm running Clover on my setup.

In my case, unplugging the VGA monitor will boot to OS X fine without endless restarts. The only way I can boot to OS X with VGA plugged in is if I boot into Windows 8 then restart to computer to OS X. If I restart while in OS X and back to OS X, it won't boot.

Yes, I'm using DVI to VGA. I will buy a DVI to DVI cable today. Thanks!

No i am using an hdmi monitor.

All today bought an adapter DisplayPort (M) HDMI (F), video and earned 4k and 2k plow through the HDMI 2.0 cable and port DP! You can operate the sound of my mother taking Realtek ALC1150! But HDMI is not visible in the system
970 card will not sell it for 50-25% faster in all video and graph papers than 780 !!!!!!!!! Thank you for your help! By the way adapter claim 2 days worth 600rub and cable 1m 1200 rubles took adapter!
* Well hello to all the old and new old year !!!!!!!!! Made in USSR !!!!!! RUSSIA!!!!!!!!

I have installed Yosemite with Clover. NVIDIA Web Drivers installed and booting with nvda_drv=1.

Verbose boot shows NVIDIA Web Drivers loaded, card works fine on DVI. Everything great.

Only issue is a cosmetic one. NVIDIA Driver Manager Preferences Pane and it's shortcut in the Menubar always shows "OS X Default Driver" selected by default. Even if I change it to NVIDIA Web Driver, on next reboot, it always changes back to OS X Default Driver.

This seems to be an issue mainly with Clover installs. Any idea why this is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back