i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys
I have a nice HP Elitebook 8740W. I got it from work. The install went fine. I just notice that the video starts to studder whenever I open programs such as Front Row, Quicktime and even Itunes for some reason. After closing the programs the mouse continues to studder for about 10 seconds. I think its an issue with memory or the graphics processor or even the computer cpu. The card works fine in Windows 7.

The name of the graphics card show correct under the about this mac area. Any tips?

Im running 10.6.5 with the new nvidia graphics.

meatyloaf said:
I have the same laptop and using iboot+multibeast couldn't get anything installed. Could you possibly post what process you used?

I dont know exactly what I changed but it was something to the effect of letting me boot to more than just the windows harddrive. If I didnt make the change, I couldnt boot to the iboot cd or the apple DVD as a test or anything.

When its booting up, go into the esc to get into the HP options and then go to F10 BIOS Setup...
Then System Configuration tab.
First check boot options.
I currently only have Display Diagnostic URL and CD-ROM boot checked at the top set of check boxes.
Then check under Device Configuration. Uncheck Preboot Authentication of HP Quicklook Boot. Here is also where you check to make sure AHCI mode is selected.

I think thats all you need to get iboot working.

Once you install everything, remember many of these guides are not tailored to laptops anymore. So some things that you will need are voodoops2 for keyboard and voodootrackpad for trackpad. Our wireless wont work. Wired ethernet will work. And video will be the right resolution if you have 1680x1050. But you might get the situation that I mentioned in my first post. Hope this helps.

ALSO if this is like mine, a very expensive company laptop, you should just unscrew the plastic harddrive cover and unscrew the 1 screw holding in the harddrive mount and then put your own usb harddrive in there. That way you can keep your HP drive for any possible restores to windows from factory settings if you need to. I dont use the harddrive mount, I just put a little spacer to keep the harddrive in place and then put the plastic cover over it.

I had the stuttering when opening iTunes. I found a article where there was told that you had to remove the file AppleUpstreamUserClient from the Extra\Extensions folder, reboot the notebook and the problem was solved... Maybe that will help you!

mdekker said:
I had the stuttering when opening iTunes. I found a article where there was told that you had to remove the file AppleUpstreamUserClient from the Extra\Extensions folder, reboot the notebook and the problem was solved... Maybe that will help you!

You have the same laptop so it should work. Cant wait to try. replying on the notebook but Im on my windows drive. When I get home Ill test it out with my other harddrive. If all works then Im going to combine into a dual booting windows and mac harddrive.

Can you check if the external VGA-port is working?

mdekker said:

holy sh!t
it worked!

thanks dude.

For me it was in the systems\library\extensions tho, but great sharing. Wow.

were you be able to check the VGA-connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back