1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am a newbie with a working Hackintosh (see signature) that uses integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics. I recently inherited a Nvidia Quadro 2000 from a friend, but I have been able to find very little info about using it in a Hackintosh. Can anyone tell me [1] if it will work with Mac OS X, and [2] if there are any installation pitfalls I need to look out for?

Thanks in advance!

From the nVidia specs: The K2000 is a GK107 based part packing 384 CUDA cores and 2GB of RAM. K2000 will come in two variants, a standard variant with 2 DisplayPorts and 1 DL-DVI port, and the K2000D which flips that for 2 DL-DVI ports and 1 mini-DisplayPort.

I wasn't able to get the Quadro 2000 to work in my Hackintosh. I'm not an expert and I didn't have much time to spend on it, so I'm not saying it is impossible, but you should do your research before purchasing to be sure.

This card works in my system but the drivers are not optimized. Windows 7 on the same machine has much better driver support (not surprisingly).

Unfortunately, I do not believe nvidia has enhanced drivers for this card for Mac OS X.

I am a newbie with a working Hackintosh (see signature) that uses integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics. I recently inherited a Nvidia Quadro 2000 from a friend, but I have been able to find very little info about using it in a Hackintosh. Can anyone tell me [1] if it will work with Mac OS X, and [2] if there are any installation pitfalls I need to look out for?

Thanks in advance!
Yes. But it flickers really bad in Chrome

Hi,

I have this card running on a Sierra Hackintosh. I works with and without Web drivers, I just had to change my model from MacBook3,1 to iMac14,2 to have the card recognised.

Best,

Hi,

I have this card running on a Sierra Hackintosh. I works with and without Web drivers, I just had to change my model from MacBook3,1 to iMac14,2 to have the card recognised.

Best,
This thread is about the Quadro 2000 not the K2000. You have the K version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back