Contribute
Register

NVIDIA 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Released: Buyer's Guide Updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you have the screen flickering issue after waking from sleep? I have the same card but I cannot for the life of me figure out what the issue is, and others started posting it as well. If you wake up from sleep and open firefox or anything else, within 2 minutes everything becomes glitchy.
I definitely have a repeatable wake-from-sleep issue where both monitors become unusable. I have the lower left corner set in my settings as the "put display to sleep" hot corner, so when the issue occurs, I mouse to the lower left, wait for both monitors to go to sleep, then hit a key and wake them back up. 100% of the time the problem has not come back using this method. May be other solutions such as forcing a resolution change.

Hello everyone.

I tried installing Sierra and everything works perfectly.

The only thing I noticed, however, is a problem with the G-SYNC.

When I am on the MAC and restart my computer to enter Windows, the G-SYNC is not recognized. I must disconnect and connect the DP again.

Does anyone know if there is a way to avoid this?

Yes it would. The form factor and outputs are what did it for me, considering I don't game on my Mac. I think the price is quite reasonable for the P400 as well. If I stuck with an i5 and 16GB RAM, I probably would have kept my P400 or even got a P600. With an i7 and 32GB RAM, I wanted to max my GPU offering just because. That was my only reason for going with the P1000.

Now detailed discussion is appreciated regarding Quadro series VS Geforce.
Price / Performance / Stability / Power Consumption / Ease of Installation and also
Performance in Adobe Apps VS FCP X and Motion.
Will be helpful in decision making to buy Quadro or Geforce.
Mcity

I definitely have a repeatable wake-from-sleep issue where both monitors become unusable. I have the lower left corner set in my settings as the "put display to sleep" hot corner, so when the issue occurs, I mouse to the lower left, wait for both monitors to go to sleep, then hit a key and wake them back up. 100% of the time the problem has not come back using this method. May be other solutions such as forcing a resolution change.
I'll try this, sounds easier than logging out, and yesterday once it bugged out so badly it was only a few green and red pixels on black, I couldn't find log out :D

Im very happy! Its working! Asus GTX 1080 Turbo. I have one problem. I have 2K Primary display. its working well DP port. If i connect 4K tv to HDMI port, not working. Anyone try HDMI port? My problem is normal or can i FIX this?
Hello, Ive read the forums for weeks on end since I bought my 1070 and I am trying to get video working correctly. I get video displayed but it is not at optimal resolution, display adapter video ram does not show correctly and shows like 0mb or some small number when it should be 8GB. My GTX 770 worked perfectly fine and res was full and displayed the EDID and 2GB GDDR5 which was exact. Ive read all the forums and trust me I've tried every fix to get it working on my Sierra hackintosh so I don't know how to do it. I literally went and bought a DisplayPort to HDMI and Im using it now but It still didn't fix the resolution issue. How did you get yours working?

So my GPUsensor in HWmonitor is enabled. but one thing I wonder this core clocks are ok? It seems like way much lower than I expect?

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 7.06.55 PM.png

So I made an interesting observation of my hackintosh setup. I cannot get two monitors to work. I followed the steps outlined by the Sierra guide to the letter. Then installing the web drivers for my GTX 1050 TI. Everything is working fine except for audio can be finicky and I only have 1 of my two monitors working. I later figured out that only the left-most HDMI port was working. The other day I ran a test of unplugging my first monitor from the left-most port, leaving the second monitor plugged into the second from the left HDMI port. It worked up until about the half-way point of the macOS boot process and then cut out. I can only assume this is where some driver or setting is loading and at that point, only the left-most HDMI port remains functional.

I have gone through the full process several times just to be absolutely certain I did everything correct according to the guides. I started with choosing Load Optimized bios settings, then turning off the Serial port, VT-d, setting to Other OS, UEFI boot, and whatever the other bios options that were listed. Then I created the USB drive according to the guide. Installed just fine. After booting in macOS, running Multi-beast, not choosing any graphic settings. Installing the video card drivers, rebooting and choosing boot from web driver, having use nvidia web drivers set to true. And it works because macOS recognizes the 4GB of RAM and the name/model of the video card correctly. Not sure what else I can do at this point.

Don't you have the screen flickering issue after waking from sleep? I have the same card but I cannot for the life of me figure out what the issue is, and others started posting it as well. If you wake up from sleep and open Firefox or anything else, within 2 minutes everything becomes glitchy.

I just took notice of that. I never sleep mine; I just have the monitor set to turn off. I haven't used sleep since before when Ii was using an R9 390 because of the same problem, tbh I wish i would have built a dedicated hack and kept my OC R9 280x, literally EVERYTHING worked, but of course that was in the mavericks/Yosemite days.

So my GPUsensor in HWmonitor is enabled. but one thing I wonder this core clocks are ok? It seems like way much lower than I expect?View attachment 252482

It's reading real time clocks, not what the limit is set to. Once you actually start utilizing the card, the values will change, basically just reading idle speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I made an interesting observation of my hackintosh setup. I cannot get two monitors to work. I followed the steps outlined by the Sierra guide to the letter. Then installing the web drivers for my GTX 1050 TI. Everything is working fine except for audio can be finicky and I only have 1 of my two monitors working. I later figured out that only the left-most HDMI port was working. The other day I ran a test of unplugging my first monitor from the left-most port, leaving the second monitor plugged into the second from the left HDMI port. It worked up until about the half-way point of the macOS boot process and then cut out. I can only assume this is where some driver or setting is loading and at that point, only the left-most HDMI port remains functional.

I have gone through the full process several times just to be absolutely certain I did everything correct according to the guides. I started with choosing Load Optimized bios settings, then turning off the Serial port, VT-d, setting to Other OS, UEFI boot, and whatever the other bios options that were listed. Then I created the USB drive according to the guide. Installed just fine. After booting in macOS, running Multi-beast, not choosing any graphic settings. Installing the video card drivers, rebooting and choosing boot from web driver, having use nvidia web drivers set to true. And it works because macOS recognizes the 4GB of RAM and the name/model of the video card correctly. Not sure what else I can do at this point.

Did you try Nvidia ssdt injection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back