Contribute
Register

NVIDIA 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Released: Buyer's Guide Updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Macman,

Could this be true, MY Cinebench R15 scores 121fps with a Nvidia GTX 970. Was expecting more performance from a pascal GTX 1070. Any reason ?
Cinebench is heavily CPU bound, modern GPUs are barely utilized in this benchmark. I wouldn't recommend using it for comparing GPU performance.

I have the Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050 TI and I can only get 1 monitor to work. I have two "HP 23es" displays connected through the included HDMI cables. Interestingly, only the left most (if looking at the back of the computer) port will work. I have tried tweaking lots of random settings in the config.plist file but can't seem to get both monitors to work even though they both work in Windows 10. I have attached my config file for hopefully much smarter people to be able to help me figure it out. My current settings have "inject" on ATI/Intel/Nvidia set to false, I do not have either nvda_drv or nv_disable set, SMBIOS is set to "iMac14,2". I have tried various options under Clover Configuration within the Graphics section, including: Load Bios, Video Ports, BootDisplay. macOS appears to be properly recognizing my video card as it says this under About My Mac, "Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4095 MB". When you look at the detailed report, it says under Graphics/Displays:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 4095 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x1c82
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: VBIOS 86.07.39.00.56
Metal: Supported
Displays:

HP 23es:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXX (this was properly listed)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

Any help would be appreciated. I don't know if it matters but I am currently running macOS through a USB3 external hard drive.

Edit: Also, Im pretty confident that it isn't an HDMI cable matter as I can plug my second monitor in the first HDMI port on my video card and it will turn on. Have tried several arrangements, but no dice. Someone who has gotten a Pascal card with more than one monitor working please help.

Someone please help if you are able.

I have the Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050 TI and I can only get 1 monitor to work. I have two "HP 23es" displays connected through the included HDMI cables. Interestingly, only the left most (if looking at the back of the computer) port will work. I have tried tweaking lots of random settings in the config.plist file but can't seem to get both monitors to work even though they both work in Windows 10. I have attached my config file for hopefully much smarter people to be able to help me figure it out. My current settings have "inject" on ATI/Intel/Nvidia set to false, I do not have either nvda_drv or nv_disable set, SMBIOS is set to "iMac14,2". I have tried various options under Clover Configuration within the Graphics section, including: Load Bios, Video Ports, BootDisplay. macOS appears to be properly recognizing my video card as it says this under About My Mac, "Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4095 MB". When you look at the detailed report, it says under Graphics/Displays:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 4095 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x1c82
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: VBIOS 86.07.39.00.56
Metal: Supported
Displays:

HP 23es:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXX (this was properly listed)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

Any help would be appreciated. I don't know if it matters but I am currently running macOS through a USB3 external hard drive.

Edit: Also, Im pretty confident that it isn't an HDMI cable matter as I can plug my second monitor in the first HDMI port on my video card and it will turn on. Have tried several arrangements, but no dice. Someone who has gotten a Pascal card with more than one monitor working please help.

Hi rayer,

Not sure if i can help, best is to have patience, don't rush and start from scratch meaning:

1. Go through all relevant documents like this one -> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/read-me-first-graphics-setup-troubleshooting.183617/

2. Make sure you have the correct driver installed that matches your mac os version ->
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-4-378-05-05-05.218005/

3. For clover config make sure the config is setup correctly -> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/

It could be a very small thing that you have overlooked. Also consider creating a new threat or use an existing threat where others have discussed issues and ways to solve it.

Updated sig to reflect the build.

And it seems as though its an issue with dual monitors. Im running stable now with just one.

What interface are you using for your second monitor? I am in the same situation. Main monitor on DisplayPort/Displayport works, second dvi monitor causes freezes. I don't remember if it crashes with the dvi/dvi cable (because it makes the portrait dvi monitor the main monitor so boot is sideways). It definitely does crash with a dvi-hdmi cable. I'm considering ordering an active DisplayPort / dvi cable to see if that works. I'd assumed that the problem was in the interface conversion.

What kind of ports on the card and monitor are you using?

Last edited:
What interface are you using for your second monitor? I am in the same situation. Main monitor on DisplayPort/Displayport works, second dvi monitor causes freezes. I don't remember if it crashes with the dvi/dvi cable (because it makes the portrait dvi monitor the main monitor so boot is sideways). It definitely does crash with a dvi-hdmi cable. I'm considering ordering an active DisplayPort / dvi cable to see if that works. I'd assumed that the problem was in the interface conversion.

What kind of ports on the card and monitor are you using?

I solved my problem with an Active DisplayPort > VGA cable. Before this, my DVI > VGA was crashing the video.

What about the new Quadro P2000 or P4000 series cards, did anyone tested them with those drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back