Contribute
Register

NVIDIA 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Released: Buyer's Guide Updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I do want to upgrade to a 4K monitor, but not sure if the resolution is working without issue. I use Mac Pro 6,1 definition and will pair that with a 1080 Ti or Titan Xp. Are there any special kexts or concerns about 4K resolution?

Hi All,

I do want to upgrade to a 4K monitor, but not sure if the resolution is working without issue. I use Mac Pro 6,1 definition and will pair that with a 1080 Ti or Titan Xp. Are there any special kexts or concerns about 4K resolution?
I don't know if this helps but I'm running a 4K monitor with my 1070 without any issues. I'm using display port not HDMI. I have iMac 14,2 definition.

Is anyone has tested these GPUs with games because I just read a press article reporting that several games mainly working with OpenGL are not working with these GPU+Nvidia drivers?
I tried Shadow of Mordor and concluded the drivers and game aren't optimized yet for either Sierra or 1070. It ran, but not nearly as fast as my 970. It would go fast...slow...fast...slow. However, my Alienware hack isn't 100% optimized yet either.

UPDATE: The game runs fine now. I was missing a 4GB update to the game that, upon relaunch, Steam suddenly began downloading. Also I had to resolve a cpus=1 issue with my kabylake 7700hq (installed VoodooTSCSync.kext).

Last edited:
I tried Shadow of Mordor and concluded the drivers and game aren't optimized yet for either Sierra or 1070. It ran, but not nearly as fast as my 970. It would go fast...slow...fast...slow. However, my Alienware hack isn't 100% optimized yet either.
Windows 10 is best OS for optimizing games. They are somewhat playable in macOS but 100 % in Windows and some in Linux. I have all three OS running on my hack.

Any news? I'm receiving mine tomorrow. Let me know if you were able to fix it. Much appreciated!

Not yet, im still fight it. im going to do my forth install wheni get home today. im still at work, please let me know if you ever get it to work

I have been waiting for this day to upgrade my GTX 970! I am now a proud owner of a shinny new MSI GTX 1070 Gaming!
Oh man I love this card!
Apart from having night shift broken I do not regret my purchase.
Now lets just wait for the updated drivers and we are on our way.
There is only one thing I am complaining about, the price of these cards is ridiculous. Almost £500! I paid half of that for my GTX 970

Sooo got my 1070 installed in Sierra 10.12.4, web drivers installed and enabled.

But no matter what I do, OSX freezes. Using the default drivers (no acceleration) OSX is stable. Web drivers with Pascal support freezes no matter what. FakeSMC installed it lasts maybe 30 seconds and pretty much freezes as soon as I click something. Without FakeSMC I'm able to run the computer for a few minutes but it will crash when audio plays.

Any ideas?

Latest build of Clover.

GA-Z87X-UD3
Asus GTX 6GB 1070
i5 4670k

UPDATE: Was told to try single monitor, and that has significantly improved stability. No freezes yet.

Soooo any solutions to allow me to use dual monitors??

Last edited:
I have been waiting for this day to upgrade my GTX 970! I am now a proud owner of a shinny new MSI GTX 1070 Gaming!
Oh man I love this card!
Apart from having night shift broken I do not regret my purchase.
Now lets just wait for the updated drivers and we are on our way.
There is only one thing I am complaining about, the price of these cards is ridiculous. Almost £500! I paid half of that for my GTX 970
thats literally 2x the performance for a smaller price. ~~400 USD for sli 970. ~~ 340 USD for GTX 1070.

Europe might be a different market if 1070 is ~~ 500 though.

but that gtx 1070 will last you too much longer than that 970.

Sooo got my 1070 installed in Sierra 10.12.4, web drivers installed and enabled.

But no matter what I do, OSX freezes. Using the default drivers (no acceleration) OSX is stable. Web drivers with Pascal support freezes no matter what. FakeSMC installed it lasts maybe 30 seconds and pretty much freezes as soon as I click something. Without FakeSMC I'm able to run the computer for a few minutes but it will crash when audio plays.

Any ideas?

Latest build of Clover.

Without listing your system components in your profile or signature you won't get much help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back