Contribute
Register

NVIDIA 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Released: Buyer's Guide Updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi are you using cpu graphics along with your 1080.if so thats why iBooks works

I keep coming across people who say they've completely disabled the IGPU and still have working iBooks. I'm trying to figure out what the differentiating factor is; I suspect the software renderer has different capabilities on some CPUs vs others. Not enough data to come up with a real answer yet, though.

I keep coming across people who say they've completely disabled the IGPU and still have working iBooks. I'm trying to figure out what the differentiating factor is; I suspect the software renderer has different capabilities on some CPUs vs others. Not enough data to come up with a real answer yet, though.
on my sky cpu if I use both cpu and gpu graphics I get iBooks to work but with just 1070 I get just a transparent window

hi are you using cpu graphics along with your 1080.if so thats why iBooks works
Isn't the point of this thread about Pascal support on macOS? What's the aim of disabling the cpu's graphics and having iBooks not working if it already works as it does now?

I actually haven't checked if the intel GPU is enabled or not since I'm at work now but I'll confirm when I get home later. However, the bottom line is that iBooks works on my current configuration on Pascal/macOS and I'm not going to deliberately disable functionality just to prove a point.

Think a few people on this thread want to know the verdict about using FCP with something like a 1080?

I have Bruce X at 27 seconds using a £120 RX460 - do I spend £500 and is it worth it?

Mind you I would like a non-black boot screen too!

I have BruceX at 15,5 seconds with RX480 and will stay with it

System def: iMac 27', late 2013

Asus ROG Strix-GTX1070-8G
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
i7 4770k 3,5
16 GB
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

BruceX: Final Cut Pro 10.2.3, ProRes 422

34 seconds!

Result is weak compared with RX480. I have 16.5 sec

dont install fakesmc with GPUsensors beacause it causing kernel panic on boot, i think hwsensors need update to support pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back