Contribute
Register

NVIDIA 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Released: Buyer's Guide Updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have a recommendation for GPU temp and fan monitoring for macOS. This is so easy with GPUZ in Windows but have have nothing to monitor in macOS.

I use iStat Pro. but there is also HWSensor, HWMonitor and Hardware Monitor, The one that comes with Clover and all the fakesmc stuff.

You have to install the fakeSMC GPU plugin to monitor it. The version that's part of multibeast that i had installed caused crashes with my GTX1080. There are newer versions and other branches. I use istat for the actual monitoring.

I use iStat Pro. but there is also HWSensor, HWMonitor and Hardware Monitor, The one that comes with Clover and all the fakesmc stuff.
I do too but it does not show the GPU temps, only the Fps and memory use.

I just tried my GTX 1070. I couldn't even boot with FakeSMC GPUSensors kext (at Clover/kexts/Other). Tried latest hwsensors.com and rehabman versions. Kernel panic during boot, conflicting with IOPCIFamily.kext. Used to work with my GTX 980. I had to remove GPUSensors kext to make it to desktop.

Running Valley bench shows temps but they are incorrect because I never see it going over 45C and in Windows it will usually top out at 68C. Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 5.43.30 PM.png

Is anyone has tested these GPUs with games because I just read a press article reporting that several games mainly working with OpenGL are not working with these GPU+Nvidia drivers?

Faaaantastic! Sierra, im comming home! :D bye El Cappy!
That part of iBooks always works. The transparent window bug is actually when you try to open a book, which still may not be working with the new drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back