Contribute
Register

NVIDIA 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Released: Buyer's Guide Updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be because of the almost 7 year old CPU.

i dond understand why its then slower than for example a GTX460 in macOS.. ?

In Windows 10 I get much higher points..

Attachments

• Knipsel.PNG
    Knipsel.PNG
    33.6 KB · Views: 249
Had a 1080 working until I changed the resolution from 1080p to 4k, now I boot into a black screen.

Any suggestions? :/

Upgraded from a GTX 970 to a GTX 1080. Removed the old card, installed the new card, booted to macOS, updated to 10.12.4 via the Combo Update, installed the latest web drivers and everything works perfectly. Thank you.

Thanks MacMan! Can you open ibooks and see anything or just a shadow?

If you can see it, then im gunning for 1080TI :D
Sorry I don't use iBooks.

Thanks MacMan! Can you open ibooks and see anything or just a shadow?

If you can see it, then im gunning for 1080TI :D
Yes. iBooks works 100%

Success with laptop Alienware 15 R3 GTX1070 (1080p 120z panel) Kabylake i7-7700hq. I struggled for a full day so don't give up! I had to go back to a basic working clover plist. Then forgot to install EmuVariableUEFI64 in Clover configurator so the changes wouldn't stick when setting from OS X to Nvidia web drivers. Had to remove nv_disable=1 from boot flags. Had to check NvidiaWeb in System Parameters (clover configurator). Tried to boot but go black screen. Disabled NvidiaWeb temporarily in clover startup graphics injector. Booted. Had to set Rt Variable to 0x67 to disable SIP, then run AGDPfix to fix my black screen boot.
Edit: I also set SMBIOS to iMac 17,1 but I'm not sure that was necessary. Anyway, it's working!

My Asus Strix 1080 works but i had to remove the fakeSMC plugin for monitoring the GPU. The display would freeze while playing video and the only out was to hard restart. This happened even when I didn't have a monitor connected to the GTX1080, just my GTX770.

Yeah, well, technically NVidia's drivers are still in beta status....
There's no "b" in the driver designation as is the custom with Nvidia. The driver is full (f) release, abet, version f01.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back