Contribute
Register

NVIDIA 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Released: Buyer's Guide Updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think not, only MacOS Sierra and higher support..

Ahh bummer. I just installed El Capitan to get full accelleration in FCP X with 970GTX - and damn its fast compared to Sierra. Do you guys have Metal support with those 1060/1070/1080 cards?

Running 5K Dell on Sierra also causes Mouse Pointer to f@ck up, needing to do clumsy workarounds. Hopefully this is fixed with the new drivers. Hopefully someone will know/test?

Holy crap...does adding my GTX 1070 increase my Geekbench CPU bench 2000 points? Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 10.53.11 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 10.56.10 AM.png

As of Tuesday, April 11th, NVIDIA ‘Pascal’ graphics cards are now fully supported in macOS Sierra.

Yeah, well, technically NVidia's drivers are still in beta status.

Nevertheless I applaud NVidia for what they have done here. I am pretty sure this move is deliberately aimed at the hackintosh community. The only other target demographics are 1) users of 2012 tower Mac Pros and 2) users of external Thunderbold cases, i.e. nobody.

Ahh bummer. I just installed El Capitan to get full accelleration in FCP X with 970GTX - and damn its fast compared to Sierra. Do you guys have Metal support with those 1060/1070/1080 cards?

Running 5K Dell on Sierra also causes Mouse Pointer to f@ck up, needing to do clumsy workarounds. Hopefully this is fixed with the new drivers. Hopefully someone will know/test?

Yes, Metal support on GTX1070

Untitled.jpeg

why is my score this low ??
54.03 fps GTX 1070 EVGA SC.

What am I doing wrong here ?

please check screenshot

Might be because of the almost 7 year old CPU.

Anybody have a recommendation for GPU temp and fan monitoring for macOS. This is so easy with GPUZ in Windows but have have nothing to monitor in macOS.

Think a few people on this thread want to know the verdict about using FCP with something like a 1080?

I have Bruce X at 27 seconds using a £120 RX460 - do I spend £500 and is it worth it?

Mind you I would like a non-black boot screen too!

Woohoo! Just ordered an Asus Strix OC GTX1080 TI :)

I just got that card yesterday. best card ever owned. it was very expensive but it's a very lovely card. runs very cool and very quiet not to mention the cool RGB lights and other stuff. I would say as of me typing this right now, (im at work) i haven't been able to get sierra to load my nvidia drivers, it keeps picking the native ones even when i try to switch it, it reboots but still goes back to native. i got a tip on what to do to fix it and i cant wait to go home and try it. Just letting you know that may be something you want to keep an eye on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back