Contribute
Register

NVIDIA 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Released: Buyer's Guide Updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the new web drivers require you to be on 10.12.4? Does anybody have it working on 12.3?

Interesting piece here by 9to5- eGPU chassis with a GTX 1050 Ti tested on a MacBook Pro with the new drivers
https://9to5mac.com/2017/04/11/hand...ith-an-egpu-using-nvidias-new-pascal-drivers/
/

I'm surprised the eGPU with a GTX 1050 Ti performed just as well as my machine with the GTX 1050 Ti installed "natively".

Unigine Heaven 1050 Ti.png

Oh yes! I hit a snag at first where the PC crashed in the boot screen, but now it's all good. I have my EVGA GTX 1070 FTW DT up and running. Wow, that is a mouthful of a card name. The CUDA driver is updated as well, so I continue using Adobe Cloud apps. Right now I'm using Photoshop 2017 and nothing has crashed. My card is lit up to the last color I had set up on the Windows partition so that's neat.

:headbang::clap:
ASUS GTX 1070

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally! I was checking the 1070/1080 thread for almost one year! I instantly placed an order for a shiny 1080!! :)

Do the new web drivers require you to be on 10.12.4? Does anybody have it working on 12.3?
I do believe that it does. When I updated the NVIDIA drivers before updating OSX Pascal was not working. Update OSX and boom my EVGA Hybrid 1080 FTW working great.

I do believe that it does. When I updated the NVIDIA drivers before updating OSX Pascal was not working. Update OSX and boom my EVGA Hybrid 1080 FTW working great.
Ah.. Well to CCCloner it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back