Contribute
Register

NVIDIA 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Released: Buyer's Guide Updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Asus Gtx 1060 Dual is supported? I have a black screen when boot with Nvidia driver

thats literally 2x the performance for a smaller price. ~~400 USD for sli 970. ~~ 340 USD for GTX 1070.

Europe might be a different market if 1070 is ~~ 500 though.

but that gtx 1070 will last you too much longer than that 970.

It's not 2X I don't think. It's faster but not that much. You do get twice the vram and that is good.
I can buy a 970 for £150 but cannot get a 1070 for less than £400
It's ok I guess, my 970 new was £250 though, when it first came out. The 1070 starts at £400.
Still I am happy with my purchase :)

It working well,very very happy, thanks very much!!!

Attachments

• QQ20170415-074252@2x.png
    [email protected]
    88 KB · Views: 182
I have the Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050 TI and I can only get 1 monitor to work. I have two "HP 23es" displays connected through the included HDMI cables. Interestingly, only the left most (if looking at the back of the computer) port will work. I have tried tweaking lots of random settings in the config.plist file but can't seem to get both monitors to work even though they both work in Windows 10. I have attached my config file for hopefully much smarter people to be able to help me figure it out. My current settings have "inject" on ATI/Intel/Nvidia set to false, I do not have either nvda_drv or nv_disable set, SMBIOS is set to "iMac14,2". I have tried various options under Clover Configuration within the Graphics section, including: Load Bios, Video Ports, BootDisplay. macOS appears to be properly recognizing my video card as it says this under About My Mac, "Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4095 MB". When you look at the detailed report, it says under Graphics/Displays:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 4095 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x1c82
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: VBIOS 86.07.39.00.56
Metal: Supported
Displays:

HP 23es:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXX (this was properly listed)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

Any help would be appreciated. I don't know if it matters but I am currently running macOS through a USB3 external hard drive.

Edit: Also, Im pretty confident that it isn't an HDMI cable matter as I can plug my second monitor in the first HDMI port on my video card and it will turn on. Have tried several arrangements, but no dice. Someone who has gotten a Pascal card with more than one monitor working please help.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Don't want to flood here but my old Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 costs me $160 year ago (used). Current price about $100. and it reach 87 in Cnebench and 12375 in Luxmark 3.1 ball render :) 'Pascal' is just slightly faster, so don't need to replace card in nearest 5 years or so...

Last edited:
On March 3rd I sent a pretty desperate (and poorly worded, apologies) group email out to Jensen H. Huang (CEO of Nvidia) and Tim Cook (CEO of Apple) essentially begging for Pascal chipset support on Macs. I have read hundreds of pages of threads waiting on Pascal support for Mac all over the web, lot of dead ends, lot of sad people giving up and selling chipsets. In an effort I considered to be completely futile, I decided to start digging around and seeing if I could find contacts and reach out to at least one of these guys, maybe they’d simply delete the email, maybe it’d never get through a filter, or best case scenario they’d at least forward the email to someone who could at least write the idea on a post it note.

What happened was even better. Tonight the CEO of Nvidia emailed me back informing me that my email was the decision Pascal has come to MacOS, that previously he had no idea it was wanted. Thanks to communities like this, the eGPU community, the creative editors and VFX artists and the colorists over at LiftGammaGain.com, I was able to present that there was certainly a corner of the world that wanted this. Though I haven’t heard back from Tim Cook and likely won’t, I can’t say how much it means to hear back from Nvidia’s CEO so candidly. Reaching out made this happen, and I never thought the day would come. My initial effort was basically a "eh can't hurt to send an email".

I really do get the notion that Nvidia’s team wants to be out here with us, delivering support for MacOS probably doesn’t make nearly the impact on their revenue that the gamers or deep learning crowd out there would, but the fact that they did this for us is incredible. Continue to show Nvidia your love, people!

Excuse the cheesey long first email, I was really just trying to paint a picture of how important Nvidia/Mac usability is thru the only angle I’m familiar with: filmmaking (I'm no hackintosh aficianado, I only understand how important Nvidia cards are for software like Resolve, the Adobe suite, etc). Was an honor to hear back from him, I can’t believe my email is what finally made it happen after a year or more of our communities starting to lose hope.

http://imgur.com/a/ohWpz

dont install fakesmc with GPUsensors beacause it causing kernel panic on boot, i think hwsensors need update to support pascal.

Confirmed. Removed GPUSensors.kext for now ...

... Tonight the CEO of Nvidia emailed me back informing me that my email was the decision Pascal has come to MacOS, that previously he had no idea it was wanted. Thanks to communities like this, the eGPU community, the creative editors and VFX artists and the colorists over at LiftGammaGain.com, I was able to present that there was certainly a corner of the world that wanted this. Though I haven’t heard back from Tim Cook and likely won’t, I can’t say how much it means to hear back from Nvidia’s CEO so candidly. Reaching out made this happen, and I never thought the day would come. My initial effort was basically a "eh can't hurt to send an email".

Great work getting to someone who can make a decision.
Thanks for your dedication and research to get there

:headbang:Success with another important and sophisticated high-end Pascal Graphics Card !:headbang:
Apart from the GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G, tonymacx86's Nvidia Pascal Graphics Cards Buyer's Guide seems to miss another important and sophisticated high-end Pascal Graphics Card:

aorus.png

Please find below my recent Out of the Box benchmark results, including a comparison with my former Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 TI, which has been replaced by the AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme on 4/15/2017.

I performed the individual benchmarks on my own build, which is described in detail in the thread linked here within.

Below I just briefly summarize the main components of my actual build:

cover-open-hr.png
  • ASUS X99-A II
  • Intel i7-x6950X (10 core @ 4.2 Ghz)
  • 128GB G.Skill TridentZ (3200 Mhz)
  • Gigabyte AORUS Geforce GTX 1080 TI Xtreme Edition 11G
  • Samsung EVO 960 NVMe 1TB
  • Sierra 10.12.4
System.Info.png

AORUS Geforce GTX 1080 TI Xtreme Edition 11G Out of the BOX Benchmark Results:

Geekbench v4.1 - Metal

Reference - Nvidia GTX 980 TI (same system build) - Metal Score: 78440

Geekbench-v4.1-metal.png

Luxmark v3.1

Reference - Nvidia GTX 980 TI (same system build) - CPU & GPU Score: 22652 / GPU score: 17575

LuxMark-v3.1.png

Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0

Reference - Nvidia GTX 980 TI (same system build) - FPS: 100.8; Score: 2539; MinFPS: 18.9; Max FPS 191.8

Unigine-Heaven.png

Cinebench R.15

Reference: Nvidia GTX 980 TI (same system build) - OpenGL: 138.04 fps; CPU: 2186 cb

Cinebench-R15.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aorus-1.png

Last edited:
On March 3rd I sent a pretty desperate (and poorly worded, apologies) group email out to Jensen H. Huang (CEO of Nvidia) and Tim Cook (CEO of Apple) essentially begging for Pascal chipset support on Macs. I have read hundreds of pages of threads waiting on Pascal support for Mac all over the web, lot of dead ends, lot of sad people giving up and selling chipsets. In an effort I considered to be completely futile, I decided to start digging around and seeing if I could find contacts and reach out to at least one of these guys, maybe they’d simply delete the email, maybe it’d never get through a filter, or best case scenario they’d at least forward the email to someone who could at least write the idea on a post it note.

What happened was even better. Tonight the CEO of Nvidia emailed me back informing me that my email was the decision Pascal has come to MacOS, that previously he had no idea it was wanted. Thanks to communities like this, the eGPU community, the creative editors and VFX artists and the colorists over at LiftGammaGain.com, I was able to present that there was certainly a corner of the world that wanted this. Though I haven’t heard back from Tim Cook and likely won’t, I can’t say how much it means to hear back from Nvidia’s CEO so candidly. Reaching out made this happen, and I never thought the day would come. My initial effort was basically a "eh can't hurt to send an email".

I really do get the notion that Nvidia’s team wants to be out here with us, delivering support for MacOS probably doesn’t make nearly the impact on their revenue that the gamers or deep learning crowd out there would, but the fact that they did this for us is incredible. Continue to show Nvidia your love, people!

Excuse the cheesey long first email, I was really just trying to paint a picture of how important Nvidia/Mac usability is thru the only angle I’m familiar with: filmmaking (I'm no hackintosh aficianado, I only understand how important Nvidia cards are for software like Resolve, the Adobe suite, etc). Was an honor to hear back from him, I can’t believe my email is what finally made it happen after a year or more of our communities starting to lose hope.

http://imgur.com/a/ohWpz

That's awesome.. I went out last night and bought a GTX 1050 ti SSC because of these drivers and because my ATI 5770 wasn't supported by 10.12.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back