1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I currently have a GTX 960 with 2GB of RAM which felt great, especially after coming from a 2011 iMac. But, a year in things feel like they could be better, plus I'm getting a bit tired of the endless cat and mouse game between Apple's updates and Nvidia's poorly performing web drivers.

So, anyone able to share AMD GPU experiences? Are they seem less integrated, or do I end up with the same cat and mouse driver game? Also, what cards are best? I see that the new iMac come with the Vega cards but they are insanely expensive here in Japan. What previous gen card plays nice with macOS?

I currently have a GTX 960 with 2GB of RAM which felt great, especially after coming from a 2011 iMac. But, a year in things feel like they could be better, plus I'm getting a bit tired of the endless cat and mouse game between Apple's updates and Nvidia's poorly performing web drivers.

So, anyone able to share AMD GPU experiences? Are they seem less integrated, or do I end up with the same cat and mouse driver game? Also, what cards are best? I see that the new iMac come with the Vega cards but they are insanely expensive here in Japan. What previous gen card plays nice with macOS?

You can try a RX 560. My Sapphire RX 560 Pulse 4GB works directly in my X99 build without any tinkering in High Sierra 10.13.4. If you are using Sierra you may need the Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back