Contribute
Register

Nvidia on Big Sur possible? Or shall I downgrade to High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel H370 (HP Pavilion 590-p0047c)
CPU
Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6 Cores, 16GB DDR4
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,

I have successfully installed Big Sur on hp pavilion desktop pc 590-p0047c. Through OpenCore 0.6.3.
My GPU is Nvidia GTX 1060. Although mac is running but display is very jerky. No smooth mouse movements and all.
So my guess is its due to missing nvidia drivers.
After some research I reached to a conclusion that there are no nvidia drivers for big sur (or for that matter catalina and mojave).
I need my gpu in my hackintosh badly, otherwise there is no point.
So I am now thinking to build the system again but this time on "High Sierra".

Any suggestions for this downgrade? Is this a good idea?

Will my GTX 1060 will run on High Sierra (on OC, with Lilu and Whatevergreen installed)?

Thanks

Will my GTX 1060 will run on High Sierra
You need to install the Nvidia Web drivers that match the specific HS build that you install.
Using Clover r5119 may be a better choice as your bootloader. A lot to learn about OC before you try it. Clover is going to make it easier to get a working HS install on an HP Pavilion.

You need to install the Nvidia Web drivers that match the specific HS build that you install.
Using Clover r5119 may be a better choice as your bootloader. A lot to learn about OC before you try it. Clover is going to make it easier to get a working HS install on an HP Pavilion.
Thanks for the advice. Shall I downgrade to last build of High Sierra or any specific build you suggest?
BTW dortania has very well explained the OC usage. There installation guide is very good. Although its very time consuming but with some patience and time in hand one can eventually understand the whole process.

Hello guys,

I have successfully installed Big Sur on hp pavilion desktop pc 590-p0047c. Through OpenCore 0.6.3.
My GPU is Nvidia GTX 1060. Although mac is running but display is very jerky. No smooth mouse movements and all.
So my guess is its due to missing nvidia drivers.
After some research I reached to a conclusion that there are no nvidia drivers for big sur (or for that matter catalina and mojave).
I need my gpu in my hackintosh badly, otherwise there is no point.
So I am now thinking to build the system again but this time on "High Sierra".

Any suggestions for this downgrade? Is this a good idea?

Will my GTX 1060 will run on High Sierra (on OC, with Lilu and Whatevergreen installed)?

Thanks
Better get a Kepler architecture Nvidia that are the gt and gtx 700 series and some gtx 600 and they will work without problems since the Kepler are the latest cards natively compatible with Big Sur. It does not make sense that you download the operating system because applications and programs will already ask you for the latest versions of macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back