Contribute
Register

Nvidia Mojave support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 6.08.53 PM.png

have some hope!
Hello guys who has nvidia cards.!
Right now I received answer from nvidia support.

Question

View attachment 354869

Answer

View attachment 354870

Translated answer via google translate

Hello Eugene,

Thanks for contacting Nvidia support. My name is Oleg, I'm here to help you in your situation. We are very sorry that you have any questions related to the product Nvidia.

We apologize in advance that we are writing to you in Russian, but judging by the fact that the question was written to us via Google translate, we took the liberty to respond in Russian.

In short, as you requested, no, Nvidia is not going to release a driver for OS X Mojave and your video card in the near future.

And if you are still interested in a more detailed answer, then I will explain a bit. OS OS is an extremely closed OS and we just cannot release drivers for this system, Apple’s drivers for it are always made by Apple itself, all the source code is available to us. But unfortunately from practice I can say that it “rarely” adapts ”drivers for their OS, with long delays and unfortunately not for all video cards. Our drivers for your GTX 1060 video card are more open to Windows 7,8,10 ..., Linux, FreeBSB ... almost every month, sometimes even more often, if new games or new technologies appear in games.

If there are other questions, feel free to write.

Yours faithfully,
Oleg.
Customer Service
NVIDIA

Anyway this Harish not working at school of teacher English language like this Oleg =)
Yes, this guy says that they working with driver and it will come. But don't say when. Maybe you could try to ask when driver shall come ? Thanks

The different font used in these 2 "sentences of hope", looks suspicious. Is it normal? I've never contacted Nvidia Support. Is this how they usually respond?
Became paranoid with all this waiting for web drivers :(

Anyway this Harish not working at school of teacher English language like this Oleg =)
Yes, this guy says that they working with driver and it will come. But don't say when. Maybe you could try to ask when driver shall come ? Thanks
we are waiting for "NO" or "YES", not waiting for "when they say NO/YES".

if you want to know when -> you ask them. Do it for yourseft not for myseft.

On this last question, NVidia already stated they are working on web drivers which will include support for 10.14 and RTX 20xx cards, so that's why we'll probably have to wait months for them, as adding full support for Metal 2 on already supported cards (9xx, 10xx) and also support for the new RTX 20xx cards will most certainly require a lot of time to be implemented and tested internally.

Great so by the time Mojave drivers come out the next MacOS will be released and we Nvidia owners will be an OS behind. May have to switch to the RX 580.

Already exchange nvidia card to coffee machine, and buy sapphire rx580 8gb

Too bad, so sad for Nvidia. I have been a faithful follower since the beginning (Many years). I gave my 1050 away and replaced it with a RX-580 and couldn't be happier. Goodbye old friend, been nice knowing ya.

Too bad, so sad for Nvidia. I have been a faithful follower since the beginning (Many years). I gave my 1050 away and replaced it with a RX-580 and couldn't be happier. Goodbye old friend, been nice knowing ya.
My congratulation friend. I have drink fresh hot coffee every morning and stay f**k nvidia with their users informations. Happy new year :)

My congratulation friend. I have drink fresh hot coffee every morning and stay f**k nvidia with their users informations. Happy new year :)
You may want to blame Apple for their cold shoulder to Nvidia.

Sorry guys! Get an AMD card. Don't hold your breath, article a few days ago:

Why Won’t Apple Support Nvidia Silicon With macOS Mojave?

According to them, engineers at Apple are agreeable to the idea and there’s certainly no reason Apple’s Metal 2 UI can’t run on Nvidia hardware, but there was a consistent feeling that “support for Nvidia’s higher-end cards would be welcome, but disallowed quietly at higher levels of the company.”

https://www.extremetech.com/computi...upport-nvidia-silicon-with-macos-10-14-mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back