Contribute
Register

Nvidia Mojave support

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the answer we wanted but at least it's an answer and better than what the guy on the Nvidia devtalk forum gave us.

That's the most constructive answer we got from nVidia so far. Even though from possibly an intern. I have already rolled back to HS and will stay there until we have working drivers. If not, then I'll be forced to sell my both 970 and invest in some ATI card. Shame.

Peace everyone!

Will do same when someone buy my card. Will buy sapphire card. Apple has post list of external GPUs which support Mojave and seems will support features OS X.

The Oleg's answer may look direct and honest, but is in fact very misleading and inappropriate.

Apple never made any driver for the GTX 1060, which is the card mentionned by Eugene on his support ticket, and will never support it. So Oleg is perfectly right that Apple's drivers will not support it.

So either Oleg doesn't know the existence of the NVidia's Web drivers (as he's only a Customer Service agent, this wouldn't be a surprise) or just forgot about them, because he should never have even mentionned Apple's drivers in the case of the GTX 1060 as this card always required the NVidia's Web drivers which are 100% developped by NVidia themselves.

On this last question, NVidia already stated they are working on web drivers which will include support for 10.14 and RTX 20xx cards, so that's why we'll probably have to wait months for them, as adding full support for Metal 2 on already supported cards (9xx, 10xx) and also support for the new RTX 20xx cards will most certainly require a lot of time to be implemented and tested internally.

Last edited:
The Oleg's answer may look direct and honext, but is in fact very misleading and inappropriate.

Apple never made any driver for the GTX 1060, which is the card mentionned by Eugene on his support ticket, and will never support it. So Oleg is perfectly right that Apple's drivers will not support it.

So either Oleg doesn't know the existence of the NVidia's Web drivers or just forgot about them, because he should never have even mentionned Apple's drivers in the case of the GTX 1060 as this card always required the NVidia's Web drivers which are 100% developped by NVidia themselves.

On this last question, NVidia already stated they are working on web drivers which will include support for 10.14 and RTX 20xx cards, so that's why we'll probably have to wait months for them, as adding full support for Metal 2 on already supported cards (9xx, 10xx) and also support for the new RTX 20xx cards will most certainly require a lot of time to be implemented and tested internally.
I hopes your mind is right. But nvidia it's are corporation world size. There so big team.. There on this forum, peoples can find many solutions without sources and so small information. So, I guess, maybe if we will receive support for metal2, so it will happen not faster than few years.

So, I guess, maybe if we will receive support for metal2, so it will happen not faster than few years.

Yes indeed, ThomasK@NVidia already stated on the NVidia's developers forum that they are working for both Mojave (10.14) and RTX 20xx cards support for next web drivers. He also stated that they are working on CUDA support too for Mojave.

As both drivers (Web and CUDA) are generally released together (the CUDA driver requires the web driver to work) with only a few days between the two releases, the Web driver release will probably wait for the CUDA driver to be ready to be released quickly after, before being released.

So indeed, we are looking here in a time frame of months (probably more than 4-6 months, if not a whole year). If you are not willing to wait that long the only 2 options are either stay on (or downgrade to) High Sierra, or switch to AMD for now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back