Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Sabertooth Z170 S
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
I know FCP was works much better with AMD (and some outdated nVidia cards) but does Metal 2 and the added support for eGPUs open up the doors for better nVidia / FCP synergy? I currently have a 1070 and have noticed that I can't preview / playback some generators in FCP without having a significant drop in FPS - it basically starts the animation, the timeline cursor skips like crazy and smooths out at the end. Debating on switching out my card but I'm interested to see what you guys think.

I apologize if none of this makes sense - I'm nowhere near as techy as you guys are. Thanks in advance.

I am interested in this too. My older GPU 770GTX works with some fixes, but I'm thinking newer radeon for compatibility? Even though the 770 is supposedly better than the 560
Did you have similar issues when trying to preview/playback animations? And did your "fixes" solve that problem? I find I can playback some previews without an issue and then at other times it's such a bad FPS drop that there's noway to tell if it's going to look good without exporting the video first and then watching it.

You know the only fix I really did was the AGDP 1.0 ( not 1.3 ) fixup. So far so good on my end. But I haven't yet messed with 4K on this install. I have mostly older 1080p stuff. My live band.

I remember in Premiere underwizdows you could add your video card to a file and it would use cuda drivers for it. I wonder if theres such adoption for premiere in Mac?

Holy hell, High Sierra has the WORST typo management crap ever...and typing is slowwww....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back