Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Launches "Maxwell" GeForce GTX 750 and 750 ti Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 650ti and now an ASUS 750 ti with the 6pin power connector.

I have updated to 10.9.2 and can only boot when using the flag nv_disable=1

Just letting everyone know where I am at. On a good note mac OSX picks up both cards as nvidia cards and I can use my computer but can't wait for the support so I can move off my 650 ti.

edit: Is there anyways to tell mac osx to ignore one of the PCI e Slots? This would help me out a great deal.

Did you test 10.9.2 which just released by Apple?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/407-os-x-10-9-2-update.html

any chance to get GTX750 work? Thanks

I just successfuly instal CUDA update on my EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 - Kepler GK106 without any issue., if this help you.
How to update CUDA in OS X Mavericks - YouTube

My Hackintosh spec:

OS X 10.9.2
Motherboard - GA-H61N-USB3 rev. 1.0 Bios F8
CPU - Intel Core i5-2380P 3.1 GHz, 4xcores, 4xthreads,Socket 1155 Sandy Bridge, 95 watt
HDD 1 - WD Velociraptor 320 GB 10.000 rpm 7 Watts
HDD 2 - Western Digital 3TB, 3,5", 7200RPM, SATAIII, 64MB, WD30EFRX
VGA - EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 - Kepler GK106
RAM - 2x4 GB 1333 MHz
Power - Super Flower SF-550P14XE
Case - Lian Li PC-Q08 Black
King Mod Premium Dampening Kit - Lian Li PC-Q08

chips on motherboard:
Audio - Realtek ALC889
LAN - Realtek RTL8111E
USB 3.0 - Fresco FL1009 chip

GeekBench 64 bit:
9085 (XQuartz removed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay0d01dto84
9126 (CUDA 5.5.47 update)

edit: Is there anyways to tell mac osx to ignore one of the PCI e Slots? This would help me out a great deal.

This would be a great success, booting OSX with the intel graphics, and game in windows dual with the 750 without unplugging it. Is this even possible??
I think both cables should be connected to the monitor, also.
Please guys, I want to buy the EVGA 750 Ti, any help with this?

Tried to install card on my system which is running Mavericks 10.9.3 Developers version and still no support for these cards.

cheers

That is quite bad news then :( I'm expecting my card to arrive in about 2-3 weeks and I was hoping 10.9.3 will bring the drivers till that day..

That is quite bad news then :( I'm expecting my card to arrive in about 2-3 weeks and I was hoping 10.9.3 will bring the drivers till that day..

I've exactly the same problem.... :cry:

But how are the experience with "kext" (drivers) for graphiccards/chips or other hardware.
(I'm too now in this "world" to have an own overview..)

They are often submitted or will the kexts / drivers always the same and these are extended only to the built-up from apple hardware?

I've exactly the same problem.... :cry:

But how are the experience with "kext" (drivers) for graphiccards/chips or other hardware.
(I'm too now in this "world" to have an own overview..)

They are often submitted or will the kexts / drivers always the same and these are extended only to the built-up from apple hardware?

I'm not sure if the hackint0sh community has any power with this.. We're talking about a new architecture here, so I'm afraid it's going to take some time, and worst case scenario we'll just have to wait till Apple decides to add support for Maxwell..

PS: How did you manage to make your HD4600 work? After I gave away my GF GTS250 I tried all solutions provided on forums but still can boot only with -x (safe mode) flag.. Sorry for offtop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back