Contribute
Register

Nvidia Hardware Acceleration Issue After Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have tried others solution by changing the smbios,

problem is,

with iMac SMBIOS, i lost CPU states, it can't get to highest clock and just stay at lowest

with MacPro 5,1 , CPU states stay, but the GPU stuck at midle clock, although the HW accell error is gone,

tried editing AGPM for MacPro5,1 but doesn't help....

sigh....

Okay, well, kinda solved the issue with SMBIOS MacPro 3,1

CPU Power Management workin fine as well as Graphic Power Management

Haven't do any benchmark yet, but i guess everything running well

Having similar issues on 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Most graphics work actually, youtube, maps, movies.

My main issue is whenever my computer renders something, whether it be from AE (with enable quicktime video preview setting) or quicktime screen capture itself, all i get is green artifact-y garbled crap. Here's a screenshot:
IIvf+

My system def is i believe mac mini 5,1. In the meantime I'll try to use onboard but that won't work for me in the long run at all.

Edit: If I uncheck the Enable Quicktime Video Preview in After Effects, it's fine. The only time I get this garbage is with quicktime it seems. I'll go try to see if I can get the dashboard splash.

i have a gt 630 kepler edition, and all works here, qe/ci, vlc gpu acceleration of h264 codecs, gpgpu via openCL works over firefox and safari too, the only one issue, youtube videos in 1080p are choppy.. why? no hardware acceleration, and cpu goes to 100%, i have a CULV core2duo clocked to 1.88ghz, so, not as power as an i7

i'm using smbios of mac pro 3,1.. to install webdrivers

i'd want to try to come back to mac mini 2009, to try..

oh, my card is recognized WITHOUT ANY INJECTION, no GE=Yes or other injections

changed SMBIOS to mac mini 5,1.. and now i can see fullhd videos with about a 60% of used cpu!!

i can't beleave.. why with mac pro 3,1 i had hardware issues, and with mac mini 5,1 not?
maybe because i have a mac mini chipset?

So, I fixed my issue (although I need to do some benchmarking first).

I went back in time (but not really) and looked at the different file versions in /System/Library/Extensions. A year ago, I had these same issues and found a thread with some NVidia kexts to download; these fixed the same hardware acceleration issues at the time.

Here's a list of them:

GeForce.kext
GeForceGA.plugin
GeForceGLDriver.bundle
GeForceTesla.kext
GeForceTeslaGLDriver.bundle
GeForceTeslaVADriver.bundle
GeForceVADriver.bundle
NVClockX.kext
NVDAGF100Hal.kext
NVDAGK100Hal.kext
NVDANV50HalTesla.kext
NVDAResman.kext
NVDAResmanTesla.kext
NVDAStartup.kext
NVSMU.kext

I've put them online for you to download and test.

Note that all kexts starting with GeForce are not present in the default Mavericks installation. So my best guess is that they are responsible for the hardware acceleration. I advise you to just install these first (with Kext Utility) and see what it does. You should be able to verify this by adding a widget to your dashboard and see if any ripples come up. If so, it's all good.

Let me know what this does for you!

This did it for me! Thank you so much!

I seem to be having this issue as well.

Was running my Mac Mini 2.3ghz i7 with 10.8.2 and a external nvidia 660gpu fine, but after upgrading to mavericks everything is lagging.

Is this only as issue with mac minis?

Nope, having issues on both hackintoshes here. One with 9800GTX+ the other is GTX460.

Both got approx. 100 FPS on MineCraft in Lion. Both now have at best 40, and typical 15-20 when there's a lot of objects. Also the loading is much slower, more glitches etc.

Is there a missing OpenGL driver or anything? I really don't understand this issue. It's not a noticeable difference in the OS itself...

z77-ud5h i7 gtx 660 here, using clover and mac mini6,2 i have the same pinkish glitches in quicklook / quicktime usage. imovie freezes the computer beyond recover sometimes and is basically unusable. i remember having these same issues with quicktime a few builds ago maybe on snow leopard and nvidia updating the driver fixed the issue. it's a driver problem i believe, which could explain why changing smbios to imac or mac pro "fixes" it as different drivers are being loaded. i don't think that's a real fix though. i have full acceleration using mac mini and imac smbios is causing me problems if i try to boot from that. i think we're just going to have to wait for updated drivers on this one. all of this worked fine prior to apple updating to opengl 4 drivers. exact same config.plist and setup work fine in mountain lion.

I have the same Quicktime issue with pink noise/artifact on two machines.

System: Ga Z68-UD5, Sandy Bridge k2600, GTX 760 / GTX 660ti

Since the days of Lion I´ve been using a custom ssdt OC 4,5 that somebody in here shared.
Together with custom Mac mini 5,3 smbios, both in /Extra gives me perfect P-steps.
MSRDumper gives me: 16, 28, 35, 41, 43, 44, 45.

I have tried to change to any appropriate system definition, and I have added my Graphics in
AGPM. Either Quicktime issue still persist OR my Power Management P- steps limits to: 16, 44, 45.
Closest match was MacPro 3,1 which fixed the quicktime issue and gave me: 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 44, 45.

I really like to keep the P-steps generated from Mac mini 5,3 smbios.

Any suggests . . .

I didn't notice what clock speed my GPU operated at before upgrading to Mavericks, however it is not not operating at the full speed that it "should". I have full CPU P-state operating quite well, however my GPU is not reaching (according to iStat and HWMonitor) the clock rate it should operate at. I have a GTX650-OC that should operate at up to 1500Mhz with 5000MHz memory clock, however the system is only reporting it operating at 1.11GHz GPU and 1.22GHz on memory.

I am assuming this is something to do with the AGPM, in order to get AGPM working for my HD4000 and the GTX650 I edited my system definition to include the vender and device IDs..and AGPM seems to be fully operational, all apps I've tested work...but benchmark speeds are slow and frame rates are low. Anything that uses GPU acceleration seems to suffer, as I'd expect with GPU memory operating at 1/4th rate.

Has anyone found how GPU speed is set within the AGPM kext? I've tested with the AGPM entry from the GT650M and GTX650M from the MacBook Pro profiles but didn't see to change anything. I do at least get AGPM and acceleration support (no errors for them), but the GPU is running way below what it should. Using Luxmark my GTX650 and the HD4000 get almost the same score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back