Graphics
560 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, its been a long time many people tried to fix the freezing problem on Lion with NVIDIA GTX 5xx Cards. For me worked to let a video running in the background to get no freezes with my 560 ti, but i found here an solution (thx joe 139)!

just install the newest multibeast 4.3.1 and select : Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Graphics -> NVIDIA 4xx/5xx Support -> 10.7.2 / 10.7.3 Combo (Lion)

then install the orginal NVIDIA drivers from here: http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/42416

thats all... after days no freezes anymore.

-----
works on mac pro 3.1 system definitions

Re: No freezes on NVIDIA GTX5xx

so what do you prefere to do ?
change sys definition to 4.1 and install the modified apple graphics kext(where to get) ?

you have mac pro 3.1 as system definition ?

84R7 said:
you have mac pro 3.1 as system definition ?

i've found the NVAGPowerManagement (i think) with the system definition, but not sure if that or another place is the proper place to change things. Do you have a thread in mind with howto's ?

(this one is great by the way. thanks for this) :) :headbang:

I was able to install latest drivers on my laptop (g74sx) with macbook pro 8.3 system definition. I don't know if what i did was correct, but if it was I think it should work with any system definition.

right click on file "270.00.00f01 Web Release"->show package content
navigate and look for "webDriverPayload_SVSSJ.pkg" copy it somewhere. launch it and install won't check for system definition anymore. freezes sell there. i'd need a good agpm for 560m :S

the link not work...

Did that and couldnt boot anymore. I got a black screen where monitor loses signal.

I have Gtx 570 dev id 1086
Mac pro 3.1

EDIT:Installed lion with imac 12.2 profile and fermi enabler. Everything working but slow perf. Installed the nvidia drivers in this thread and didn't make change.

AGPM wasn't working correctly...

So I did this guide
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20367

I'm getting normal performance now and I'm not getting any freezes yet. Freezing usually happens after 1 or 2 days from my experience, but will let you guys know ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back