NVideo Titan GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

So, I grabbed all my hardware from the list in the guide on tonymac, and everything seems to be working well (small issue that I need to resolve with TPlink wireless card, but not a huge issue).

I am currently using the on-board graphics card, but I have a NVIDIA GTX Titan X (12GB memory) and whenever I connect the display to it (and enable it in the bios), it gets displayed as a 3M video card, and the performance reflects this.

I tried downloading the latest web drivers from NVIDIA, but the installer keeps stating that the drivers are not designed for the operating system, I can't do much with it. It's strange, because I have version 10.10.3 but I think I have the latest release (I forget the revision #) from apple that I patched with Unibeast. Downloaded: QUADRO & GEFORCE MAC OS X DRIVER RELEASE 346.01.02.

Any suggestions? I heard that this has worked for many people right out of the box, so I am not sure what to do. Can I change something in the NVIDIA installer that would allow me to install it?

Don't use GraphicsEnabler=YES or Inject/Nvidia depending on your boot loader and to use the drivers you installed, which you have to, then you have to use the boot flag nvda_drv=1.

Hi Slim.Jim, I got it working by using boot flags: nv_disable=1 and then installing the nvidia web drivers which were recently updated and now install on the system. After rebooting, system works great even without the boot flags :) Just one problem with iCloud, but I will post that in another thread.

Thanks again. :)

how'd you get it working? i can't get mine working at all. the display goes out. no video in the monitor. i installed the drivers and if i access the desktop via Remote Desktop i see everything's working... except no video comes out of the monitor. this is driving me nuts.

Is the driver also enabled? You can tell by the Nvidia menu bar item.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind, if it wasn't enabled you wouldn't reach the desktop.

actually it does reach the desktop without the driver. that's the problem. i need it to reach desktop WITH the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back