Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GTX Titan Compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already built a working hackintosh and I'd like to upgrade my graphics card for game development. From what I read online GTX 980 Ti work and so do the Titans. I've found some cheap cheap deals for the Titans online but I'm not too sure if these are the same ones that are compatible.

First one

Second one

My further confusion is that someone mentioned older Titans work well (2014). However none of these show the model release year. I need someone to tell me what about these make them compatible or not so I can make a purchase.

From the links I included, how can you tell what's the original, the black kepler, and pascal? They each look the same. The first link is clearly the maxwell. But the second just says NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB GDDR5 Video Graphics Card

I think the second one is the OG Titan X, it only has 6GB of VRAM.

Color me ignorant. 6GB of VRAM is half of the newest Titans sporting 12GB and I shouldn't notice a difference for my purposes: gaming, game dev, and shader support. Or should I find one that has 12GB VRam?

The 6GB card is the original Titan. The Maxwell TitanX is much faster, not just because of its VRAM (6GB is still enough for most games today), but because it offers a lot more compute power.

In many games even a tiny GTX 970 will outperform the original Titan. If $300 is your budget, I'd rather go for a GTX 980 or 980Ti (the latter offers almost a TitanX level of performance).

The 6GB card is the original Titan. The Maxwell TitanX is much faster, not just because of its VRAM (6GB is still enough for most games today), but because it offers a lot more compute power.

In many games even a tiny GTX 970 will outperform the original Titan. If $300 is your budget, I'd rather go for a GTX 980 or 980Ti (the latter offers almost a TitanX level of performance).
Does Titan Z need web drivers for Mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back